Friday, January 05, 2007

Yankee Doings: RJ To Phoenix and Mientkiewicz To NY

Randy Johnson made a u-turn and was returned to the Arizona Diamondbacks, ending a disappointing two year stay. The Yankees obtained relief pitch Luis Vizcaino, who was 4-6 with an ERA of 3.58 in 70 games with the D'Backs last year along with three minor leaguers, two of whom are also pitchers. And the Yankees upgraded their defense by making Giambi the fulltime DH and inserting Doug Mienkiewicz at first base. He has capable hands and sticky fingers (think World Series ball '04) at first base. Where Bernie will fit in has not been determined.
The Red Sox have finalized the deal for Joel Pineiro and are going to give him a shot at the closer's role. I hope he can regain his '02 and '03 form when he toes the mound for the Sox. The last three years have not been good for him. What I REALLY hope is that the Sox front office knows what they're doing when it comes to the closer confusion. I really do.
I'll be back later after a quick and early and not painful in the least trip to the dentist. Shalom!

15 Comments:

At 1/05/2007 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Yankees just got shafted.

 
At 1/05/2007 9:12 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I wish you were more detailed in your answer...really! Thanks Mike...I'll go to your place.

 
At 1/05/2007 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yankees got a decent pitcher in Luis Vizciano the numbers may not show it but,a bad outing in baseball can make that ERA high in a hurry.As for Doug Mienkiewicz i liked him when he was a sox player.

 
At 1/05/2007 10:42 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks K...are you still on vacation!?

 
At 1/05/2007 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes until monday:)

 
At 1/05/2007 11:52 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Good for you! Do you like my new clock? I won't be back till one or so

 
At 1/05/2007 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i do:)

 
At 1/05/2007 12:09 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanx!!!!! I aded a calender too...if you want to do the same, you can click on either and add it too your template. can alk you thru it if you're not sure. Be well K!!! Love ya!!

 
At 1/05/2007 12:09 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And wow...my spelling suxed...I need to eat...sorrry!!!!!

 
At 1/05/2007 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think I did it:)

 
At 1/05/2007 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

finaally figured out the links too lol:)

 
At 1/05/2007 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am getting better at this whole blogging hing:)okay I will shut up now:)

 
At 1/05/2007 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont like the prospects they gave up but at least they didnt give MICAH OWINGS......:-)

my brother is screaming at me because I want to play with him and he wants to sleep:-)

 
At 1/06/2007 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnson will be able to pitch to pitchers instead off DH's. That's a help. Does Mientkiewicz have a clause in his contract to keep World Series balls if the Yankees get there again?

 
At 1/06/2007 6:53 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Zach, I've never remembered how to spell his name...I had trouble with Yastrzemski for a long time, but there was always Yaz to fall back on. And I'm talking many years ago too.
FB, it wouldn't surprise me, but he's on the wrong team to have a chance at that! I love digs at the Yanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home