Wednesday, April 04, 2007

From Schill-Shocked To A Beckett Beauty. ONE OF MANY!!

Yes, I'm still wondering this. "What happened on Monday?" Granted, the Sox had no luck, no skill, no NOTHING for their late season 2006 games against those world beaters, the Kansas City Royals. Woeful is a great adjective that describes the team we love when they gingerly, somewhat tentatively, stepped on the artificial KC turf. And the feeling persists. But Josh Beckett pitches for us tonight, at a little after 8pm EDT. And I expect the bats to come alive (look who the K.C. pitcher is, but if he looks ANYTHING like his teammate Meche, we'd better have our hitting shoes on). Wow, we've scored one run so far. Maybe, just maybe we can improve on that total. BY A TON! Hey, the Cardinals have more errors than runs scored. So far. Read this.....

"Beckett finished 16-11 with a 5.01 ERA (last year), and had a career-high 74 walks and gave up 36 homers, second-most in the majors. The Red Sox expect better from him in his second season with the team.
"I'm very, very excited about watching Josh. I think he's going to fly under the radar and stun some people this year," Schilling said of Beckett, who is 1-0 with a 2.45 ERA in three starts against Kansas City. "I don't think last year sat very well with him."
The Royals, though, hope to pound Beckett the same way they hit Schilling."

Peter here, and of course they do. They, like EVERY team, want to pound their opponents every darn time. It won't happen, not tonight. Wednesday night. Wouldn't it be a tremendous night to find our hitting shoes? Oh yeah. And a quality mound effort? I expect the world from Josh Beckett this season. So I have faith, and I'd like to go to sleep tonight KNOWING that the team we love is 1-1, not 0-2. With Daisuke going tomorrow. Are you with me? I know you are. Stay well!

8 Comments:

At 4/04/2007 1:02 PM, Blogger T said...

I admire your passion for your Red Sox, it is good to see people care about their baseball team. I just don't understand how Beckett will "fly under the radar" when he was one of the Red Sox's big acquisitions 2 seasons ago? Everyone knows what he brings, a good fastball, he just needs to locate it. Execution will improve his pitching record, not "flying under the radar" and sneaking pitches by the batters, that's Dice-K's job the first few times through the league.

 
At 4/04/2007 1:10 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Yes I am - 7 hours to go!

 
At 4/04/2007 1:19 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

One season ago....but now that Beckett (this is wishful thinking, but he's been working on....) his curve, and NOT shaking off Vaitek's signs, the wizard behind the plate. And we Sox fans have to hope that a reoccurance of the Monday Schilling woeful start will not replay...tonight. Thanks for your comment! Peter

 
At 4/04/2007 1:21 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Carol!! May Josh do better, MUCH BETTER, than Curt did...and then, then...we can go into Daisuke's first Sox start at .500. To be continued, through October! Thanks for reading...I so appreciate it.

 
At 4/04/2007 1:23 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks T...I tried to find your blog, but there were no posts, yet! Big game for Andy P. tonight.

 
At 4/04/2007 1:24 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

T, and boy, do I care!!!!!!! I hope you care about your team, too. I know you do! Peter. And Carol, keep on stopping by...I was just at your blog, a daily stop on my "blog jog."

 
At 4/04/2007 8:16 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

1st Pitch is RIGHT NOW

 
At 4/06/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for putting me on your "blog jog" - I never heard that before LOL

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home