Thursday, May 03, 2007

Just Kidding! Or??? No......I Am!!!!

***Manny Ramirez Asks Red Sox If He Can Work From Home***

May 3, 2007 | | Onion Sports

BOSTON—"Claiming that a relaxed atmosphere and a chance to create his own schedule would greatly benefit his productivity, Red Sox left-fielder Manny Ramirez has asked team officials if he can play the remainder of the season from the comfort of his own home. "My client just can't seem to focus in his current place of work," said Ramirez's agent Greg Genske, noting that Fenway Park's loud, boisterous atmosphere and high-stress, pressure-packed environment are "not ideal working conditions for anyone." "Manny seeks a work space where he doesn't have to constantly travel, can wear whatever he wants, and can work at his own pace. I assure you that he will be able to put up the same statistics he normally does while physically on a baseball diamond. Just give him until November or December." The Red Sox have tentatively agreed to allow Ramirez to telecommute, claiming that although their offense may suffer without him at the ballpark, their defense in a vacant left field may substantially improve."
************************************************************************
PETER here.....and this blurb was from THE ONION. And I hope you know I put this here as a laugh. Manny right now is just getting hot! What would we do without him?
Oh, I hope that brought a smile...or a few of 'em. Thanks for being here!

12 Comments:

At 5/03/2007 12:43 PM, Blogger VTek said...

Pretty funny Peter! I wonder if Manny was spoiled as a kid?

 
At 5/03/2007 1:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Carol. And I'm just happy he's in OUR leftfield...the one with that big green dented wall!
Thanks for your comments, and just for being here! Peter

 
At 5/03/2007 2:25 PM, Blogger Bleachers said...

OMG. Peter, that article is really funny! It made me smile.

 
At 5/03/2007 2:36 PM, Blogger Collective Thoughts said...

Well technology today that might just work why not build a Manny robot and have only The real Manny be able to work it with a video game controller...when its time to play the feild "Robo Manny" is in the field we can still have our left fielder..and Manny will still be in the comfort of his own home.

 
At 5/03/2007 3:01 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

That's funny stuff, Peter. Thanks!

 
At 5/03/2007 3:44 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

CT, funny! Kristin and Sul, I laughed out loud! And Manny is getting hot! A win tonight would be so nice. Less than 2 walks for Daisuke tonight and I hope we're fine! Bases on balls equals too many pitches!

 
At 5/03/2007 3:45 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And that's what I do...dispense smiles...or I try to!

 
At 5/03/2007 4:43 PM, Blogger lauren said...

It's sad because I'm pretty sure that that's something Manny would actually request...

 
At 5/03/2007 5:00 PM, Blogger Collective Thoughts said...

YES peter you do a good job of dipensing smile KNOWN you 9yrs....AND still can make me laugh!!!

 
At 5/03/2007 5:12 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Lauren, only if the Sox were out of contention....

 
At 5/04/2007 6:41 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

As I said in my 3:44 comment, Manny DID get hot...molten! The same can not be said for Daisuke, but he'll get it together. I know it. My hunches are right more often than not. Too many years watching this club of mine!

 
At 5/05/2007 9:17 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Manny would be the 1st one to telecommute to games:

ONLY, his BAT would be missing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home