Monday, January 30, 2006

Coco Quip

This from the Akron (Ohio) Beacon Journal.......
"It's easy to understand why so many Tribe fans are upset about the deal. Crisp is a determined, underrated player who batted .300 with 62 extra-base hits and 69 RBI. Boston Red Sox fans will love the guy. The trade helps the Red Sox more than the Indians in the short run. When the games meant the most after Sept. 1, Crisp hit .331 with six homers and 16 RBI."
*****************************************************************
*Nice. And the magazine Gentleman's Quarterly, which I do not read, has a list of the ten most hated players in sports. And here's the best part. The list was based on the judgements of their peers - pro athletes themselves. Coming up next, the list. Here's a teaser. One player on the all male list is a member of the 2004 World Champion Boston Red Sox. Any guesses??

3 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know who the Red Sox player is, I read the article and I have to laugh. I can't get over how many people come up with the whole "that wasn't blood on his sock" theory, JUST because they don't like him.

Heck, I think he's an enormous blowhard but I still want him on the mound every five days!

(Happy Monday, Peter!)

 
At 1/30/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I think you gave it away, but to be fair, it was SUCH an obvious answer in the first place. I had already awarded the prize to you for first answer. Just a hunch. Take care. You have to deal with SO many misguided Yankee fans on your site. I even invited evilsnare to join the discussion, such as it is, here. He responded normally (!!), once he undersood where I was coming from. He expected wrath, and he did not get that.....the curse of being nice outweighs the blessing of being honest.

 
At 1/30/2006 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darlin', you can have that snare guy. It obviously bothers him that a woman dares write about baseball...and dares not worship the Yankees.

I tired of his act last year and ended up deleted a lot of his comments because he was becoming abusive and a lot of people were complaining to me via email that he was turning the blog into nothing but a giant flame war.

He's treading close to that again. It just isn't worth annoying so many just to let him blather on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home