Monday, January 23, 2006

J.T. and His Dad Jack...and the Coco Deal Continues.

Newly ordained Red Sox member J.T. Snow has requested that his uniform number be 84, as a tribute to his father Jack, who passed away January 9 of this year. Class, pure class. Good to have you here J.T. Have a great season.
And David Riske and Kelly Shoppach have been added to the ever more complex but yet to be made official Coco Crisp deal. At least Riske, giving his past stats, will make up for losing Mota. But this is all dependant on the physicals being passed, so I will comment further when that happens.

3 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you have probably surmised, I am one of those hokey Red Sox fans who can "fall in love" with a player based on things totally unrelated to their performance (and making me like them, sometimes, in SPITE of their playing skills). This story, about Snow, is one of those things.

 
At 1/23/2006 10:22 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

You know what? That's called being a GOOD person, honest and caring. There are a lot of us out here. And I enjoy your blog, whether you write with a headache, or without. I wish I could put a link up, but my nephew helped my out on the links that ARE up, and he's at college at Babson, with an apartment right across from Fenway, so I won't see him until Spring break. And I do not know how he did it, and will not learn unless there is someone next to me, showing me how. I am an expert at hooking up anything audio/visual, with all the different hookups involved, but the computer..... ain't my specialty.

 
At 1/23/2006 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nice of you to say, Peter. And I appreciate your wanting to put up a link!

I hope there are a lot of "us" out there...you just don't seem to meet too many of them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home