Thursday, January 26, 2006

Take This Trade, As It Is Now, AND SHOVE IT!!!

And this just out from Eric Wilber of the Globe. IT MAKES SENSE. THANK YOU. See my post directly below for a comment on the Plains-Dealer original article........."Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that while there is concern over Mota's health, the Cleveland GM is willing to keep him if the Red Sox sweeten the deal. How kind. The not-so-Equal artificial sweetener in this scenario would be Red Sox righthander Manny Delcarmen.
So, if you're keeping score, that's Crisp, David Riske, and Josh Bard for Andy Marte, Mota, Kelly Shoppach, and Delcarmen. The Indians are awaiting the Red Sox' final, best offer today, according to Hoynes. I suggest then, Theo, you dial up Shapiro and tell him your final offer is that you propose he shoves it."

********Peter here again, and I couldn't have said it better myself. This just appeared on the Globe site.*******

2 Comments:

At 1/26/2006 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter you aren't making it easy for me to maintain radio silence.

All I do have to say, though, is I've been telling people this Mota stuff is a smokescreen because Shapiro wants to screw the Red Sox for better prospects. Screw HIM.

I hope Theo tells him to take a hike. I'd rather have Stern in center than lose too many of the kids.

 
At 1/27/2006 7:00 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

In the words of Richard Pryor....."We aims to please."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home