Thursday, February 23, 2006

***FLASH*** 3PM Thurday And It Is Official....NO WBC For Manny

Just made official, by Sox offiicials. Manny will be in Spring training camp without the move to play in the WBC. And yes, it does have something to do with his APPROVED late arrival. And when I say late, I really don't think of it as late, just a few hours tardy. And the club was eager for him to avoid playing in the WBC, so a happy compromise was quickly attained between the two parties. I can live with it.....can you??? I thought so.

2 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me very happy. I have a question for you, though, Peter...is there a story somewhere that says this was part of some deal or is that just what you're reading into it? I'd like to believe it's part of a deal...that would make me happy too.

 
At 2/24/2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I heard on ESPN radio yesterday, and maybe it was the way they spun it, that the club was happy to let him report march 1 when he told John Henry he would not be playing in the WBC. So yes, it sounded like a deal of some sorts...give and take. Things seem rosy in Soxland. Have a great weekend Cyn...2 weeks from today...BILLY JOEL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home