Monday, February 13, 2006

Morning Aftermath

Well, the cars are unburied and moved to higher ground. It's one thing I do for my neighbors, who are in the mid-eighties and able to get around just fine. But with the drifts burying their cars this morning, I knew they couldn't do it. And boy, it being ZERO degrees out, after their 2 cars were done I needed badly to get inside for a cup of hot cocoa, my Mom's recipe, and a half of a wheat bagel, light on the cream cheese. Yoy know that feeling you get after you do something nice for someone, sort of an internal smile with a feeling of warmth, with your mind telling you in that little voice it has (mine has a little voice, yours might be bigger) "Peter, good job." I hope there's someone there to help me when I need to unbury my car when, in the distant future, I'm not able to. Sort of like Paul was singing in his song. "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64." Well, there's a few years left till that happens. Anyone interested apply in the comments section. See ya.

1 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope the voice that says, "Peter, that sucks" is louder.

Needless to say I am NOT applying, since I am most probably older than you are, LOL

BTW: Father Nature is what happened in New Orleans. he is the destructor that brings about radical rejuvenation (IMHO)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home