Friday, February 17, 2006

The Old Man Speaks. And We Laugh.

Well, the Boss, and in my world there is only ONE BOSS, and that is Bruce Springsteen in all his 33 year glory, has spoken. The newspaper called it "THE BOSSES' FIRST BLAST." I call it "WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH." You withered idiot. It seems Georgie doesn't want any of his players to leave Spring training to play in the World Baseball Classic. Awwww. Hey Steinbrenner, and I call you by your last name only because that's what you do as a way of disrespect when you are peeved at someone. The only thing I wish for you, oh ancient blubber boy, is good health, because I cannot with my make-up wish ANYONE short of Hitler bad health. And we know what happened to him. Too quick a death, if you ask me. Wow, from Steinbrenner to Hitler. Does that tell you something?
George, your employees are just that. The slave days are over. Issue as many proclamations as you want. We smart ones, the blessed many who root for the good guys, The Boston Red Sox, will just sit back and laugh at you. And psst, why don't you personally pick out a few more players for your excuse of a team. We all know how well those picks do when you fail to discuss it with "your baseball people."
I feel so much better now. Time for breakfast and the sports pages. See ya.

3 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jere you want to talk statistics..

26 rings.

There, that should shut you right up. If you want to bring the past, then please ring up the entire past. Its hilarious you guys taunt us for losing after being up 3-0 in 2004. Okay so we blew it. We collapsed. Then tell me, how in the world did the Boston Red Sox win the world championship. With that theory.. wasn't the world championship "given" to them-- by the failures of the New York Yankees. Oh and ofcourse you have to win 11 games after winning the AL East, but the point of the matter is, you wouldn't see the postseason at all if it weren't for the Wild Card. Boo Hoo. Oh and if I remember correctly, the defending world champions-- that won 11 postseason games in 2004.. how many postseason games did they win in 2005? You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house-- especially when your talking about Pavano's injuries hurting the Yankees. When the man won 4 games for us, and when you have Beckett, Flouke, Schilling--- three main peices of your team all question marks. Excuse me but Pavano will not make or break this team. We have 6 starters already. And Peter I will bring post up when the Yankees win the 2006 AL East championship. And when they do.. you have to publically state on your blog that you were wrong, and I was right. If the Sox win, I'll state after the final game of the season, that whatever you said you were right, and I was wrong. Lets put our money where our mouths are. I have faith in my team.

Evilsnare

 
At 2/17/2006 7:44 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

You ARE ON!! We both can co-exist because sometimes you bring up valid stuff. It's evident you hate the Sox, but not as much as Jere hates the Yanks. See his latest comment directed to you in the next post, below this one. I would have replied to you. but Jere did better than I posssibly could have. Hasta manana, mi amigo. And the bet is on!!!!
P.S. Don't rile Jere up all at one. he fuse is shrt and the vocabulary is immense. And he's my friend.

 
At 2/17/2006 7:47 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

That should have read..."don't rile Jere up all at once. His fuse is short and his vocabulary is immense." And he is my friend. But I'm glad you're around for the Yank point of view, such as it is. 162 games, 19 with each other, and then if you're lucky, the post season. Bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home