Saturday, March 25, 2006

UCONN. Overtime. Victory. It Was Close!

My oh my. Talk about a nail biter. But the University of Connecticut lives on to play Sunday afternoon. The opponent. The upstart George Mason, who no one thought would still be in it. An underdog versus a national power. Most people will be rooting for the upset. Not this writer. An easy victory would be nice, but ANY victory would suffice, nail biters included.
On to Keith Foulke, pitching to live breathing batters for the first time in a long time. Using a high fastball and nasty splitters, he struck out the three AAA batters he faced. Curt Schilling put it best....FORT MYERS, Fla. -- "Granted, the competition wasn't major league caliber. It wasn't even Grapefruit League for that matter.
Yet what occurred Friday was the most encouraging sign for the Red Sox this spring.
Making his spring training debut, Keith Foulke struck out all three batters he faced on 13 pitches in one spotless inning against Triple A Ottawa at City of Palms Park.
"He was phenomenal," Curt Schilling said. "That's as good as I've seen him look since October of 2004. That's exciting. It's very exciting to see that.""
***Peter here. I like those words. I like them a lot.

3 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 8:18 PM, Blogger Lynsey said...

I am a BC fan myself...clearly I won't be rooting for them now. I have what they call "March Sadness" now.

 
At 3/26/2006 7:06 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Nice to hear from you, and I'm glad your comment section is fixed. Great pics of the canine member of your family, who seems to love the snow. And you, I'm sure.

 
At 3/26/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Lynsey said...

Thank you! We definitely like having him around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home