Saturday, April 22, 2006

Beckett/Timlin Implosion

Looking back on this blown game, the only good thing other than Manny's 2 opposite field blasts was that I left when it was 6-2 to go out to a party, a late one at that. If I hadn't, well, something might have been smashed, hurled against the walls in a furious attempt at vengance. So suffice to say, it's time to TURN THE PAGE. Forget that we should be 12-5 and get used to 11-6. Forget that our bullpen is stretched thin at a time when our weakest starter is going against the Jay's best. Stretch DiNardo today? Yeah, that'll work. I'll put this as tactfully as I can. The chance for a victory today? Slim. Not none, but slim. Prove me wrong, Red Sox, while the bitter taste of an uneeded and unneccesary loss pervades everything.

4 Comments:

At 4/22/2006 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, we could use Bronson right about now.

 
At 4/22/2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

He won again last night, but I'll save that open slot in the rotation for Rocket Roger. He's our best chance, BY FAR, to get us to the World Series, and beyond. And I think this issue is by far the most polarizing one for Red Sox fans. You either love it or hate it. I'm in the former group. What's best for the team is the way I will go. But I thought last night's game was in the bag, case closed, jubilation guaranteed. Such is the game of baseball. But it hurts.

 
At 4/22/2006 12:19 PM, Blogger X said...

Tough loss, but if we are playing the could have/should have been game, then they are probably right back where they belong. They really nad no more business winning that Patriot's Day game than the BJs had last night.

 
At 4/22/2006 4:02 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I don't like that game...wins are wins, losses losses. And we are stuck with a loss that is best forgotten. But Saturday was a constant every pitch reminder. Let's take one of three, I guess. Thanks for reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home