Friday, April 07, 2006

Rollins' Streak Ends At 39. Great Job.

Jimmy Rollins' streak is over, but sincere congratulations go out to him for a job well done. There will be no controversy that a two season hitting streak is a valid one. For the record, I think that what he accomplished, having a whole off-season between at-bats, is much tougher than a single season mark. Hey Jimmy, doesn't this look good in print?

Longest hit streaks since Joe DiMaggio's 56-gamer in 1941
44 Pete Rose 1978
39 Paul Molitor 1987
38 Jimmy Rollins 2005-06

Jimmy, number three is nothing to hang your head about. A standing ovation to you from this corner!

2 Comments:

At 4/07/2006 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, did Rose and Molitor do it in one season or over two like Rollins?

 
At 4/07/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I do not remember any batting streaks of note (the ones in the post) that involved two seasons. If I'm wrong, I hope Jere corrects me. He does so often, and that's fine with me. Sometimes it's nice to know someone's got your back. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home