Saturday, April 15, 2006

Schilling And Papelbon Turn Good Friday Into A GREAT Friday

Right now, Curt Schilling is the best pitcher in baseball. Team him with the best reliever in baseball, our very own Jonathon Papelbon, and good things happen. " I feel like I'm better than I've ever been. I have a slider now. I have a change up now. The numbers are showing it." That was the man himself, who has thrown 22 innings so far this year, giving up just 11 hits (3 last night) and 4 runs this season. Opposing batters are hitting at a cool .147. Nice.
The batting star was Alex Gonzalez, who drove in the two runs while collecting 3 hits. Manny is still struggling, but he was last year at this early point in the season, too.
Oh, and Jonathon Papelbon? 13 pitches in his one inning pitched, one hit, and 1 strikeout. Stellar numbers again, keeping his ERA all goose eggs. And we like goose eggs when it comes to a pitcher's ERA.
Now it's chicken eggs time for me, with a side of wheat toast and a glass of skim milk, and of course the sports pages on the side on this rainy but soon to be sunny Saturday. Oh, and that warm glow from last night's victory? Still there.

3 Comments:

At 4/15/2006 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so happy, Peter, to see AGon get those rbi - he needed something to kick start him at the plate. He's been amazing in the infield...I love our infield!

Nice to see Curt looking like Curt again. And I just can't find the words to describe how happy Papelbon makes me!

I'm at the game today...so if we don't 'talk' again, I wanted to make sure I wished you a happy Easter/Passover/whatever you might be celebrating this weekend, Peter!

 
At 4/15/2006 9:43 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, I hope Tim is on. He'll be Fenway fine! And a happy Easter to you and yours. Have a great time today. The weather will be just dandy thru NEXT Friday.

 
At 4/16/2006 5:21 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Friday Night was a great game.

I watched online from Queens & received the FSN-Northwest feed & the 1986 6th Game hero with the 10th inning 2 run homer, Dave "Hendu" Henderson was my eyes & ears for the game.

It was a pleasure to watch. The result was nicer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home