Friday, April 28, 2006

SLAMMED!

Just who was that pitching for the Boston Red Sox last night? Was it Josh Beckett? Nah, couldn't have been. I'm pretty sure it was Saul Beckett. At least it looked that way, and from any angle imaginable. He flat out sucked. In the first 6 games of this ill-fated road trip, the starters have an ERA of 8.53 and have given up 10, yes that's right, TEN home runs.And the bullpen was little better, with Manny Delcarmen, who was absolutely awful, failing to be able to finish it off, leaving it up to Keith Foulke, who had no business being in the game in the first place. Seanez and Tavarez were not much better on this night to forget. I have to be truthful. Once the score reached 6-0, the game was relegated to a little picture-in-picture square on the right bottom portion of my screen, never to return to it's full glory. Glory? Wrong word. Wrong game. This 2006 version of our Sox does not have the firepower to come back from a 6 zip deficit often. Not this year. Not this line up. I was taught that if I don't have anything nice to say about something, then don't say it. With that thought, I'll see you later.

2 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

//This 2006 version of our Sox does not have the firepower to come back from a 6 zip deficit often. Not this year. Not this line up.//

Peter, that's a bit of a rash judgement after a month of games where the team is STILL in first place.

A handful of crappy games does not a season make.

I'm not ready to write this team off just yet.

 
At 4/28/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Cyn, I never said or implied anything about writing off this team. Far from it, I'm highly optimistic. But you have to admit that when we're down by 6 or 8 runs, the comeback capability this year is nowhere near where it was in '03, '04 or '05. That's all I was trying to say. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home