Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sox Walk All Over Woe-rioles Despite Seanez 8th Inning Nightmare

Matt Clement just plain ran out of gas with 2 outs in the 7th, but we all have to be madly happy with his performance last night. And the Red Sox backed him with 16 hits and countless runs, helped by 14 free passes, one shy of the record for both clubs. Manny and Youk each had 3 hits to help the cause.
But it was the 8th inning that disturbed me. I'm sure I'm not the only one. It was a nightmare, the kind where you awaken in the dark of night, sweat-drenched and shivering with unremembered fear. Well, I remember all too well the 4 runs scored on SIX (yes,6!!) pitches. Fat pleasing delicious Rudy Seanez pitches that I never want to see again. In fact, it will disturb me anytime I see Seanez standing in the bullpen, much less warming up. Turn the page? Yes. But act like his fiasco never happened? No way possible.
So yes, the positives outweighed the negatives, Foulke had an uneventful and blessedly quick ninth inning, the rain held off, and the Yankees lost. There is your summary. Oh, did I mention the Yankees lost? I guess I did, but it needed saying twice. Good job Mattie. Pitch like that and this club is going somewhere. Schill on the hill later today. Nice.

2 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i must admit you are right, but watch out for our pitcing staff this year. We have a lot of up-and-coming young players.

Once they get an even keel effect going they are going to be formidible.

Maybe even today we'll see some of that, I certainly hope so

Go O's Go

 
At 4/08/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hey, so great to see you here. For everyone (accent on one) here, Faithy is a good friend from Baltimore, and she loves her Birds. Take care Faithy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home