Friday, May 12, 2006

Baseball....Such A Great Game

What fun last night. Frustratation turned to anger turned to nervous smiles turned to should I get my hopes up this much because after all, we're still behind, turned to jump for joy oh my God we're ahead to wow, Papelbon's coming in, and it's as good as over. A win! Against the Yanks! Coming from behind twice. What an array of good and bad things this game was, much like life. And that's what makes this game of baseball so great. From a river of despair comes a fountain of happiness. And we're always reminded how close we are to either. And that warms my heart. With pride. And love.
Hey, to all of you who stop in every day, or a few times a week, thank you. It means a lot, a whole lot. You'll never know, but I'll keep trying to tell you. And I'll be here every day, writing, the good Lord willing. GO SOX.

4 Comments:

At 5/12/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Beazer said...

Amazing game, indeed.

I'd like to see Tek come out of his slump...but I'm happy with the way the rest of the team is playing.

Willi Harris got a hit off of Mariano Rivera. How sweet was THAT?

 
At 5/12/2006 5:41 PM, Blogger The Couch Potato said...

Sweet...and unbelievable. I wish I had TiVo so I could have watched the replay a dozen more times.

 
At 5/12/2006 9:59 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I know. The guy's batting worse than my grandmother and he gets a base hit off the skull. Excellent job, Harris.

 
At 5/13/2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I had to write about the game. It had everything! I know even I might not believe this, but even if we had lost this one, eventually, after the pain subsided, I would come to the same conclusion. Hey, nice to see you here Kim. And Cyn and CP, as always. Comments make my day. You're the greatest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home