Sunday, May 07, 2006

Over Easy

And this one WAS over easy. The Sox scored 6 runs for Tim Wakefield. Yes, 6. That equals their entire run production in Tim's 5 April starts. Not bad. Youk had another 2 hits, as did Wily Mo and Gonzo. Even Doug Mirabelli collected a sharp single to the base of the wall near the left field foul line, driving in a run. And no passed balls to go with renewed confidence from Wakefield. In fact, he said this about Belli..."There is a comfort level that I am back to." Nice timing. Nice trade. Naysayers crying panic and needless reaction were wrong on this one.
And so it's been 10 straight games for the Sox over the O's. Meek and injured, they seemed resigned to their fate last night. But on what will be a sparklingly perfect day today, they have their best, Kris Benson, going against our number 5, Lenny DiNardo. For the brooms to be used, we'll have to score some more runs. 10 sounds about right. Tall order? Yeah, but I see the Orioles lumber, such as it is, reawakening for this one. At least to a degree. I hope I'm wrong. Very wrong.
Good Sunday to you all. You know who you are. You're reading this. Ah, my favorite people.

4 Comments:

At 5/07/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Look for Benson's Wife to get active if the O's lose, if you know what I mean

 
At 5/07/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

She's such a bimbo, but entertaining in her own sad way. Her 2 interviews on the Howard Stern show were hilarious. I just don't know if she realized it. I think she thinks she was genuinely funny, but she was funny in a sad way, sort of like Anna Nicole-ish

 
At 5/07/2006 2:09 PM, Blogger Jess said...

On to today.
C'mon.........Lenny!
(can't believe I just typed that)
I'll try to be cautiously optimistic today. Hell, it's worked before.

 
At 5/07/2006 3:57 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And it's workin' now....that's what all those miles will do for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home