Monday, June 19, 2006

8th Inning Explosion-Early Morning Wake Up

I did not see ANY of this game. I had an early appointment this morning, so I had to go to bed really early last night. That appointment is already over. It's only 6:40 AM, so you know how early I had to awaken. (YAWN) I don't and won't write from a box score, but I will say that after 6 innings, it was a fairly ordinary looking 3-2 game. Bye bye Schill, hello mayhem, until the bats awoke with seismic eruptions and Paps put the now lowly Braves to sleep for the night, getting the final out in the 8th and shutting the door, bolting it closed, and welding the air leaks in that door. How nice to have a closer.
Back to Fenway tonight, with a starter we haven't seen, who has an ERA of 22 plus. You'd think the only direction that ERA could go is down. Let's hope so.
I'll be back later. I hope everyone's Father's Day was great, and thank you for the wonderful comments. And thanks to CYN at RED SOX CHICK (link on the right) for her link to my Father's Day post. You're the best, Cyn! And so are you, faithful readers.

2 Comments:

At 6/19/2006 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pete you missed a strange, atlanta's bullpen is about like boston's except we have Papelbon, even Timlin looked real bad...schilling had another ND, and rudy got the win...no justice in basball, he gives the lead and gets the win...oh well at least the sox got the win

http://redsoxworld.mlblogs.com

 
At 6/19/2006 12:20 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Strange and nice, at the same time. I'm waiting for Jon Lester's Wednesday start, but 2 wins before Wednesday would be nice, wouldn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home