Saturday, July 08, 2006

I Am Back From An Internet-less Day And A Half

Wow,,,it's good to be back. I know it's only been since Thursday night, but it seems far longer. I had not missed writing a post since I started this blog in mid-November, And while I was gone, the Sox found the best way to get out of Tampa-with a resounding win! Manny homers. Papi TWICE. And then last night, onto Chicago, the final stop before the All Star break. My post on that game, a 7-2 Boston victory with ANOTHER Papi homer, will be up around the usual 7AM. Until then, I missed you, I hope you didn't forget about me, never to return. I was originally told, yesterday at dinner, that phone and DSL would not be back until Monday morning. Imagine my surprise upon awaking, if only for a second, and picking up the phone to find that it was no longer silent, mute in its sad way. So that's why you're hearing from me in this wee part of the morning, before the sun graces and tints the eastern skies. I'll be back in 4 hours with a full wrap up of game one, which was a joy to behold. Believe me, it's a joy being back here, with you reading. I missed you.

6 Comments:

At 7/08/2006 7:22 AM, Blogger Beazer said...

I'm constantly amazed at how much I rely on the internet. Not just for my 'fun' stuff (mostly involving baseball and Jake Gyllenhaal...) but for work and just basic daily information...technology certainly has a way of roping us in, huh?

Glad you're back, Peter!

Cyn

 
At 7/08/2006 9:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Cyn. Oh, and I was wrong about nearing the 10,000th hit. I was mistaken by one hundred or so. It was early. So I'm around 9900 and something. As always, it's great you are a faithful reader, and leader, which I first typed. And last night's game? Even without internet, fun fun fun. And Ozzie had some kind words for our club, too.

 
At 7/08/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Peter?

Welcome Back;

My 1st Night of Web Access, in '98, lasted 8.5 Hours on dial-up;

Now, it's Cable & rapid access;

Cyn? Sorry that I didn't realize that you & Beazer are the same gal;

Perhaps, some oversight on my part;

Red Sox not on in NYC, today;
Instead it's Mets-Marlins;

Good luck to both of you, having to put up with Buck & Mc Bozo.

 
At 7/08/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

The secret is.......if we don't have the game on NESN, it is so easy to listen to the radio call. But..Fox is a delayed tranmission, so I will live for the Fox audio and video, even if they cheat EVERYONE with their "near" HD pic. The same resolution as a DVD...But the point is, WIN THE GAME! Thanks for the kind words, ML.

 
At 7/08/2006 1:19 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Cyn, I hope I didn't give away your secret ID.

 
At 7/08/2006 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey peter
we missed you, especially over at a's blog with your recaps! glad you're back.
-julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home