Sunday, July 16, 2006

Steamed? How About Toasted? We'll See....

From Sunday's Herald......."Milton Bradley might have a thing or two to teach his Oakland teammates about anger management before the final pitch of today’s series finale is thrown.
Because the A’s are steamed."
When I think of steamed, I think of a hot dog, slow roasted and juicy, dripping with juice and topped with onions and brown mustard. Maybe a little chili. Chilly...that's the word that just might describe the atmosphere just hours after last night's Red Sox dominance. And the A's are bothered. I could have used another word, but......If Snyder keeps them hitting ground balls, and the A's pitchers do not take the ugly response they think they deserve, then no one gets hurt. And the Sox? We get the win we truly need. And the White Sox? Maybe they'll show up and play, for a change. Wimps. Ozzie's wimps. Right Jess?

9 Comments:

At 7/16/2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Jess said...

Right.
Hopefully they will play today, and mean it for a change.

Should be a good day.

 
At 7/16/2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I think so too. Ground ball ground ball ground ball. Repeat for 6 innings, while we score crooked numbers. The result??? Smiles. And that's what I like. Thanks Jess!

 
At 7/16/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And of course I meant Mr. Snyder...the White Sox? You bring 'em in.

 
At 7/16/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Peter,
Should I leave those comments up on mu blog.or were they too rude.
i want to leave them up and hope she reads them what should i do?
-kaylee

 
At 7/16/2006 6:11 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Leave 'em. Don't get in trouble, though!

 
At 7/16/2006 6:25 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

oh I deleted them But am going to delete her comments from now on
-kaylee

 
At 7/16/2006 6:57 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks, but you don't have to. If she says anything, just maybe pass it on to me...have a great night everyone. Err...I mean ALMOST everyone!! Sox need 3 straight, NOW!!!

 
At 7/16/2006 10:15 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Ah, Peter.
Sadly neither of our master plans came to fruition.
I honestly don't know what to say.
I'm downright peevish.

I wish the team were little children so I could just look down on them and tell them that I'm very disappointed. No rants, just that one, guilt inducing sentence.

*sigh*

 
At 7/17/2006 5:34 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know...tied for first. We'd better sweep the Royals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home