Monday, August 28, 2006

And I Did Not Mention Our Papi, And His Soon To Be 50...Plus!!

Wednesday, an afternoon game in Oakland, the final of three. Maybe we've won the first 2, maybe not. Ask me Wednesday morning and I'll tell you. But Papi will be approaching the MAGIC NUMBER 50 (!!!!) , and he'll be coming home, to his and our Fenway. And the crowds all across Red Sox Nation will show him just how much we love him. And there! Excitement enough. Even if that magic post-season lure might not be in evidence. But wait now....I'm not saying it won't be there. I'm just saying that Papi is here for our September, a month of love for the BIG GUY. I cannot wait. Clap your hands. And stand. And STAY standing. I know I will.

9 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 1:18 PM, Blogger Julie said...

this has been a sucky season, but if papi can get 51, that will be the way to remember it. not by all the injuries, by papi's homers. and thank god papi is one of the few guys NOT hurt! becuase i would have to say he's our mvp, the single most important player on the whole team
julie

 
At 8/28/2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Or any team!! But Julie, and I know you know this, we have to start winning at an alarming rate, and now, before we're home for Thursday. And you'll be there for a weekend game? Which one? And if Papi is sitting at 49 or 48, wow. Electricity!!! And if we will have won the next three, hope will remain. It's the crucial next two weeks.Love your comments...as always

 
At 8/28/2006 7:28 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

nice!I broke my wrist last night

 
At 8/28/2006 7:33 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Feel Better, Kaylee:

Fenway Saturday Evening for me;

May Papi hit one for all of us, here.

 
At 8/28/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I went from 48 out of 100 to 25/100 in a few days.

 
At 8/29/2006 12:25 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Already, 5-0 Oakland:

"Pukebarf!"

 
At 8/29/2006 6:57 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Feel better K. And Big Papi too. My goodness, the heart is a scary thing when you can't take it for granted.

 
At 8/29/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Michael, good job on the climbing ratings. I am an everyday reader, but you know that. Just one big happy family here, for the most part. Papi...get well!!!

 
At 8/29/2006 9:16 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And Kaylee, how'd it happen?? Please tell. And is it your right, or left? And are you right handed, or left? We need to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home