Friday, August 25, 2006

Beckett Cuts Down Angels....Manny Day To Day

Josh Beckett was efficient and deadly for 6 innings as the Angels were free swinging and easily tamed. He started the seventh but left after a few pitches. The cause? A cut on his right middle finger, near the nail. We have to hope it won't cause him to miss a start. Timlin and Paps combined to record the next nine outs in a nail-biting finish to this, the Sox' second victory in a row. Combined with a Yankees loss, things indeed do look better. And lest (lest?) I forget, Big Papi hit his 46th tater as he inches closer to that 50 HR mark. And hey, we have 6 more days left in August. My goodness!
In Manny news, it's all good. The MRI showed no structural damage to his ailing knee, and he is listed day to day. The Big Schill goes tonight in the first of three with Seattle, who ended up taking 2 of 3 from the pinstripers. Thank you for that.

3 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Amy said...

luckily for me, my cousin retired from the Seattle team after last season, so my loyalty is not divided in this series! Go Red Sox!!

 
At 8/25/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

We always seem to have trouble with that line-up that has Ichiro lead-off. Let the troules be gone. And I'm already climbing on that new Top 100 site banner I put up on the right side of the main blog page. Your vote (there's a clickable VOTE HERE button!....I'm impressed.) would be soooo appreciated. I mean it.

 
At 8/25/2006 10:41 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

troubles, he meant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home