Sunday, August 20, 2006

In Pieces. Bits And Pieces

I know when this team started to disintegrate. I know the exact day, the precise moment. And you can throw stats at me and argue until you're blue in the face. And it won't do a darn thing. My mind is made up. That day? It was when Jason Varitek, Tek, the Captain, blew out his knee rounding second base. It was then that the starters who were so reliable became inconsistant. And the bullpen became a treasure trove of hidden perils good enough to sink any team as the 7th became the 8th in order to have a save in the 9th. It's nice to know why this team of promise became pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, a puzzle with pieces designed NOT to fit together. But it doesn't make the carnage we have witnessed any easier to take. Not by a long shot. Which is what the Red Sox have become. A long shot.

5 Comments:

At 8/20/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

i see your Tek & raise you a Wakefield as well. need 'em *both*. Eric Hinske gives me some hope. and i would like to beat my fists on Javy Lopez's skull & ask him if he's ever caught a baseball in his life. it's a scary day when the thought in my head is "i hope Schill has it today" & since when is it a good sign that it feels like our best pitcher is David Wells??

if anyone is looking for me, i will be poking out my eyes with a sharp stick just so i don't have to watch tonight's loss...i mean, game.

 
At 8/20/2006 4:02 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I will RE-raise....and I'm holding a pair...of aces! TEK is the one the pitchers depend on to feel more comfortable. After all, he's the one that calls the pitches and catches the ball, providing the target. But yes, yes...we miss Wakes too. Thanks for reading, D!!
care to re-raise?

 
At 8/20/2006 6:34 PM, Blogger Julie said...

we are missing tek soooo much right now. wake too. as a result of losing both of them, our pitching is falling apart. belli and lopez are fine, but tek is way better.
-julie

 
At 8/20/2006 6:47 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

i am missing tek and all the injured played Ie:wake,trot
-kaylee

 
At 8/20/2006 7:40 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Right, and.....right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home