Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Quick Word About My Words About Manny

After reading some of the various Boston and nearby papers, the word is that Manny's knee might really be "grabbing" him, as Tito puts it. And an MRI has been ordered for later today. So I might have lashed out too quickly. I think I know why. I've seen his cry baby "wah wah wha help me" act before, and I have no patience when it seems like he's turning it on once again, acting like a big baby when the team needs him the most. I hope he is not hurt. We need him. He's earning his millions more this season than any other. Just look at his stats, and Big Papi's. And think how many intentional walks David would have right here right now if there was anyone else batting behind him. I don't want to go there. And I hope we won't have to. May the MRI show nothing but a healthy knee. Please.

6 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know.....but at his "worst," he is invaluable. So??? Let us hope the MRI is clear.

 
At 8/24/2006 7:42 PM, Blogger BS Memorial said...

Hopefully you're nice and embarassed that your initial assumption- that the man is intentionally faking an injury so as not to play, for some reason- has shown to be 100% garbage.

They don't order MRIs for no reason. Boston Red Sox fans, I'm near certain, don't deserve players the like of Ramirez. It's never good enough. Unbelievable.

 
At 8/25/2006 7:03 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I apologised with this post minutes after writing my initial post. When I'm wrong I am the first to admit it. And no, I'm not embarassed to express my opinion, whatever it might be. It is always just that...MY OPINION. What's embarassing is to recieve comments like yours, which are designed to spread unhappiness and bad vibes. Are you embarassed to be such a consistantly negative commenter? I would be!

 
At 8/28/2006 12:20 AM, Blogger BS Memorial said...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Are you embarassed to be such a consistantly negative commenter?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No.

Are you embarassed to be the same boring knee jerk reactionary that gobbles up crap by folks like Dan Shaughnessy and would rather believe the best hitter we'll see on the Red Sox in our lifetime is fucking faking an injury?

So you were quick on record to call him a liar and a guy willing to fake an injury for a day off, and I'm the negative one? Interesting.

 
At 8/28/2006 7:04 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

My comments were based on HIS past history. Boy, you're a one trick pony. You're act here is getting thin. I would please like to ask you to withhold any comments that are of the attacking kind. Thank you in advance. Goodbye. Everything you've ever written here has been negative. Go back and look! Yes, you're the negative one...BIG TIME. Now goodbye. Please.

 
At 8/28/2006 7:11 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I wrote this piece before reading anything by anybody, except the box score in the Courant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home