Saturday, August 26, 2006

Sox Shutout And Sleepless in Seattle

After the way they played last night, I hope they lost some sleep. Wily Mo Pena was and is atrocious in the outfield, this time in left field for the hobbled Manny. In fact, it was the infield that imploded and allowed the Mariners to score when they should not have in the 6th. But I for one do not have any more patience to watch any more misplays by WMP that turn singles into doubles and triples. The big man is just plain awful.
I guess you could say that all the defensive miscues didn't matter because the Sox were shutout, held scoreless by a young lefty making only his second big league start. But a championship team would not have a defensive liability like WMP in ANY outfield position. My opinion, yes. But the man is bad.
The Yankees lost, so we stay where we were. The only thing lost? Time. We're a day closer to the end of the season. And that's not good.

4 Comments:

At 8/26/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Now, if we could just find a way for both the twins and the white sox to lose while playing each other so we could gain some ground in the wild card race.
Just in case, you know.

 
At 8/26/2006 5:46 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Fat chance...you know. I'm a little down with my (and your) team...I'll get over it. I'll still write, every day, every way. But after a win makes it so much better! Better, better!

 
At 8/28/2006 12:22 AM, Blogger BS Memorial said...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
But a championship team would not have a defensive liability like WMP in ANY outfield position.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'll bet you I could find at least five World Series winners that would contradict this.

But why look at the nuanced side of things when you can make it nice and simple and easy?

 
At 8/28/2006 7:01 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Why are you such a negative a**hole? Maybe you should start your blog up again. I've never said anything negative to you. From now on, please, if you don't have something nice to say, please don't comment. Sorry, but WMP is a liability out there. I'm not rehashing any other person's words. I know baseball when I see it. Please leave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home