Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yankee Fan? Red Sox Fan? It Doesn't Matter. You Will Read This. Why?? Because I Know.

*This was a response I left for a few Yankee fans' comments directed to one of the many great Sox blogs I read. Just minutes ago. There a 2 types of Yankee fans...dumb and dumber. I will say there are exceptions, many of them, but the person I wrote this to is not included in that equation.*
***************************
Oh Yankee fan, the Red Sox, 2nd place team that we are right now, will pull up our socks, tighten our hats, and play ball with ANY club, especially yours. You know what I think is funny?? And yes, losing Jason Varitek, the captain and the guy who knows the opposing pitchers and calls the pitches against any opponent, REALLY HURTS. The funny part? It's that some Yankee fans have no clue how big this loss is, comparing losing the brains behind the guy on the mound to losing an outfielder. Now, do not get me wrong...the Red Sox will be fine. It will be rougher, but the Yankees have gone through debilitating injuries this season too. It's just that Tek's injury really hurts. But we're stong here in Red Sox Nation. Watch your backs. Take care, and stay cool, Sox or Yankee fans. Baseball rules, as we slowly go into August.
We'll see you at the top. PROMISE.

10 Comments:

At 8/02/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Condescending Dumb & Dumber, is Yankee-Haven:

I meet these guys in Queens all the time;

& the New Generation of Mets Fans are classified by me as Yankees Fans, who are on a new bandwagon.

 
At 8/02/2006 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea it really hurts that we did not upgrade at all, i think losing tek will be catastrophic to This piching staff...that injury alone i think knocks us out of the playoffs i hate to say...

 
At 8/02/2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

WHOA......2 months to go, and Theo is on the lookout for another "impact" catcher....I think it's way to early to say that. But you know me...I have FAITH. As do you....

 
At 8/02/2006 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For every uneducated, obnoxious Yankee fan w/no clue there is his equivalent in RSN. I find it humorous that I see more Red Sox caps around now than I do Yankees. The "in" thing these days is to hate the Yanks and root for the Sox, at least in the part of the country I'm currently living. This Yankee fan knows too well how dangerous Boston is and probably will still be, but it will be their time to hang and claw just as the Yankees have done w/the injuries they were dealt. It's times such as this when you'll find out what your ballclub is really made of.

 
At 8/02/2006 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree...hopefully this club can find its way w/o varitek....but i dunno..somebody needs to step up other than manny/papi and curt for this team to make it to october

 
At 8/02/2006 5:02 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Anony, I agree....and Jonathon, climb aboard Anon's comment. It's not been the first time that has been said. The same could have been said for season 1976. Original! Not.

 
At 8/02/2006 5:05 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

But thanks for the comment, no matter what it was. Makes sense, in a non-original way. Stay cool.

 
At 8/02/2006 6:34 PM, Blogger HorshamScouse said...

Hi Peter,
Will we get this game in tonight without a rain delay?

John

 
At 8/02/2006 11:42 PM, Blogger MattySox said...

Peter, hope you checked out my blog today; I had my own little response to that asshat on Jere's blog, as well as my own treatise on Yanks fans v. Sox fans...funny how we were so on the same page, leaping to poor little helpless Jere's defense...

 
At 8/03/2006 6:45 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

He's in no way helpless with words. And I have to admit yesterday was the only day in recent memory that I did not have a chance to get to Jere's blog. He used to be an everyday reader here. Same for Reb. Not too sure these days. He's a good guy. One big reason I do this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home