Friday, September 22, 2006

52

This game was a gem from first pitch to last. Josh Beckett had everything working for eight innings, painting the corners, changing speeds and keeping the Minnesota batters guessing until the very end. If only he had this type of stuff all season. At least it looks like he was listening to Tek's call of the game, for he didn't try to overpower every batter with the fastball. That leads to home runs. None were to be had, not against last night's Josh.
And then there was Papi. There will only be one Papi, and we get to watch him now. Aren't we lucky? He bashed his first pitch of the evening into the bleachers behind the bullpen. 51. Everyone was delirious. But he was not finished. In his final at bat of the night he turned on a pitch and sent it into the centerfield bleachers. 52. September thrills alive and well at Fenway, if only for a night. And the Red Sox are still alive, barely, for the wild card, as they beat Minnesota 6-0. A good time was guaranteed for all. RSN smiles. Amid tears of joy

6 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 9:31 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Happy Cincuenta Y Dos:

Or is that Cinco De Mayo;

Caught Replay of 51 on NESN;

Caught 52 live on NESN;

Great Night!

 
At 9/22/2006 9:35 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I just saw the replays at sox.com, and again I was a little teary eyed. What a great night! Thanks Michael.

 
At 9/22/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Go Papi!!

 
At 9/22/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'm with you Amy...and your latest post at your blog was sensitive and well done. But what a night last night! Have a great weekend...my nephew just turned me on to a great Poker downloadable game....and while waiting for the end of the Poker W.S. on ESPN,aad we both know who won (I think), I can amuse myself...when I have time from my blog trips.....if you want the link, let me know. AND you can play (as I do) for play money. It's so much fun.

 
At 9/22/2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Sorry for the misspell.

 
At 9/22/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you Mr. Editor...Walter......have a great weekend..I have lots in store for my blog...please share it with me by reading! Baseball Nooze rules...it does! There are so many times when I write a post and I don't see it up there...But...there are times like right now when I am front and center. Thank you, from my heart..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home