Saturday, September 09, 2006

Take A Bow. It's Time

David Ortiz had a monster night, almost single handedly willing his team to take the lead in the 8th inning. And they did, coming back from an 8-3 deficit to take a 9-8 lead heading to the 9th, and what would have been one of the most satisfying wins of the season. But Mike Timlin was as bad as Papi was good. His camo clothing might have been a help in getting him safely out of the clubhouse after the game, because he gave up 2 runs, and he did it in a hurry, to take the loss. A bitter one indeed. The post game interview was a sad thing, as Terry Francona, our brave skipper, seemed to brush away tears at times. Such was the emotional impact of this oh so winnable game. 4 in a row to KC. Yikes! We are running out of time. Quickly.
Night baseball at Fenway with the Royals in town for 2 more. The sooner the better. The sharp sting of last night's loss can be buried quickly with a win. We have no choice if we want the last 3 weeks of the season to mean anything. Anything at all.

5 Comments:

At 9/09/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger Christine E. said...

Well said, Peter...

My only hope for the season is that they can end it with some dignity, and not dissolve into the pettiness than ran through the clubhouse in 2001...

 
At 9/09/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Katiee said...

amen to that
Go Sox

 
At 9/09/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

'01:

Sad, because I saw Manny put one in the runway of the LF Bleachers in "The Toilet", I mean Yankee Stadium, off Mussina.

 
At 9/09/2006 12:19 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

My only hope is that....well...OK.. I hope I can still be optimistic writing about the team that I , WE, love. . I think, yes, I know I can do that. But I need your help.

Just by your continued readership.
You're he best.

 
At 9/09/2006 1:58 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And if I could hit the right keys, I'd be dangerous! Thanks everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home