Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Trot In '07...How Great Would That Be.....

This from today's Herald, and then the usual from me.....

"At age 32, making $6.5 million this season, with the younger, more powerful Wily Mo Pena around, it would seem Trot’s days are numbered. It’s a tribute to him that’s he’s lasted this long in one place, especially with the allure of free agency.
“I’ve wanted to play here. My passion is to play here,” Nixon said. “Maybe I’ve done things right. I might not have all the ability in the world, I don’t put up super monster numbers year after year, but I try to play the game right, and maybe that’s why management has wanted me to play here.”
And maybe that’s why his heart is telling him they’ll want him to play here again."

Peter here, and oh yes, my heart tells me in no uncertain terms that Trot will be back next year, to patrol the elusively tough right field at Fenway Park. He's no Dewey Evans, but defensively he is in a different league than anyone else who runs out there, to the toughest field to play defensively at our Fenway. Right field. He's light years better. And just for that reason, I hope the management will sign him to a reasonable short term, say 2 year, contract. I think Trot would go for that in a heartbeat.....Trot won't be looking for a 3 or 4 year deal that was dangled, and then not, to Johnny Damon. He'd be affordable (listen up John Henry) and he will provide the best right field glove that we have right now, for another two years. Case closed. At least for me. Comments welcome, but don't compare Wily Mo's defense in this, the toughest outfield that Fenway offers. I've seen Dewey play live dozens of times at the Fens, and WMP is an embarassment. TROT '07! Spread the word.

Oh, and Curt Schilling starts tonight, maybe Papi's 50th home run night, maybe not. But a good performance by Schill is what he'd like to see, and of course, so would we. And the medical people are re-examining Manny's knee today. I think he should be shut down and that knee thoroughly examined, scoped and cleaned out, IF NECESSARY. So he'll be ready for '07 also, batting fourth, where he has Papi's back. No one on Earth does THAT any better.

9 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 12:47 PM, Blogger Christine E. said...

While, I would like nothing better than to see Trot back with the Sox next year, I am doubtful that will be the case...

He has been hurt so much, and not putting up the nunbers we all know he is capable of..Based on what I see of this FO, I think they will opt to go with a platoon option in RF of Wily Mo and probably someone who makes alot less than 6.5 mil a year...

I hope I am wrong..but we'll see...

 
At 9/20/2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I hope you're wrong too, but so many times here in my writing, my heart takes over. Maybe that's why people like my writing? I am so flattered. And thank you. I think you're the best!

 
At 9/20/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

WMP gives me the "Wilys":

Trot has to come back.

 
At 9/20/2006 2:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

From your lips to my ears (well, eyes) to whoever makes all the future decisions!

 
At 9/20/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger laura said...

Wily Mo is a couple years away from where we would like him to be. I don't want Trot to leave, and I agree he is needed in RF. We all saw those 2 mistakes Wily Mo had in the outfield a couple days ago, and we don't need a whole season of that.

 
At 9/20/2006 9:00 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

Trot 07! Trot<3 I'm gonna miss him when he leaves :'-(

 
At 9/21/2006 2:34 AM, Blogger MattySox said...

I am a huge Trot fan. Got a player T for him, my favorite Sox guy by a mile and a half. I want so badly for him to come back...but, I dunno...part of me says, he was on the block the last few trade deadlines, and didn't move, so maybe there's something there the FO really likes...but, I just have this feeling that the way they shafted Bronson is gonna make Trot less likely to take the 2 year hometown extension...but we'll see...

 
At 9/21/2006 7:21 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

The FO woldn't dare repeat that bozo move. If Trot signs for two years they'll be signing him to play. My opinion Matty.

 
At 9/21/2006 11:26 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

I just realized I have to buy a Trot shirt he's been on my list of people to buy but I just never did and then my mom was all like "grr no more T-shirts" and then i was like bit what about a Lester one and she was like ok so I'm gonna have to like secretly bnuy a Trot one ok shutting up now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home