Tuesday, October 10, 2006

An ALCS Game 1

8pm tonight, Tuesday, we start the two Divsion series....closer and closer we get to the ultimate prize, the World Series. 4 teams will morph into two teams. Tonight's matchup pits Barry Zito, who had his way with Minnesota just last week. He will be opposed by Nate Robertson, who did not fair so well in game 1, the last time the Yankees beat anyone but themselves this young post season. Oakland will take this one and go up one zip against that team we love to love, the felines from Detroit. As I said in my prediction post a couple back, I am basing this on a feeling. We all know and loved the Tigers and their unstoppableness against that team they call the Yankees. Nate Robertson will be trying to bounce back while Barry Zito will look to continue his excellence established in his last start against the forgotten Twins. The prize....a step up, a huge one, into a World Series berth. And there's no better incentive to pull out all the stops whenever needed. Enjoy! And to all of you who commented or read my John Lennon stuff, I am forever in your debt. As always! If something comes up I will be back before you know it. Maybe before I know it! And that goes for the whole off season, where news will be shaking and breaking so quickly. Just the way we like it!

6 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 11:48 AM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

I respectfully disagree with you; it's my biased opinion that Nate will be the winner tonite. My logic to back this up is that Nate will be facing a much different lineup than the yanks. The A's like to milk the count & force the pitcher to groove one. Nate's style is to go out & get ahead of the batter. That should force the A's batters to swing at tough pitches. Nate also forces a lot of ground balls that should be helpful. He's very conscious of getting that leadoff hitter, too. Anyhow, that's my logic.
Zito is certainly a good pitcher, too, but I'm gonna root for our hometown boy.

 
At 10/10/2006 12:12 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you yet again for being here. I was very moved by your comments the past two days. And ya know what? I hope that inner feeling of mine is soooo wrong about the A's...I've NEVER had an allegiance with them...more like hatred.. I fell in love with the Tigers the past 6 days. But I do have to go with that "inner feeling," until the Tigers prove me wrong. Keep reading...I love it....Peter.

 
At 10/10/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

That's cool & you're welcome, too. Thank you for the kind words. Your posts just seemed to paralell some of my feelings, so you've inspired me to comment. I don't want to appear gushy, I just think we have some common grounds. Also, I want to just say that I rememered you mentioning diabetes. I've been dealing with it for about 10 years, so if you need a sounding board, a shoulder or anything, please let me know & I'll try my best to relate anything that I've learned if it can help. If you don't want to discuss it here, I'll understand that, too.
Thanks for your interesting posts (even beyond the Sox). You keep writing & I'll keep tuning in ... Chuck.

 
At 10/10/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you Chuck. Right now, at 1:40 PM, I'm watching the Joe Torre news conference...and he WILL be staying...and I feel for you. I have Type 1 diabetes, the unkind and completely random kind. Luckily for me it hit me just in the last 2 plus years. Some are afflicated since birth. And thanks....keep coming back. If you ever start a blog, I would be reader number one, and two, and.......

 
At 10/10/2006 1:56 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And maybe that would be a great thing? You have your blogger account set up.....just start writing your thoughts for this, the '06 post-season. And I can help, I'm ALWAYS right here...promise. I don't go away. Sometimes that's a good thing. But if you ask my ex-girlfriends, they might disagree. I'm kidding a little.....thanks for reading, and responding. And you can email me anytme, as can any readers, just by clicking on my name and using the email link on my profile. Take care.

 
At 10/10/2006 2:00 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

"BFW's Life Thoughts."...maybe a good title. But what do I know? I love that you're a fan. Take care, and 8 o'clock, baseball October 2006. Enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home