Friday, October 06, 2006

Back To The Future...A Paragraph That Sums Up Tonight's Yankee-Tiger's Game...ALL TRUE!!

Or at least I HOPE it comes to pass as written on this Friday grey morning, October 6th, 2006. A game in Detroit, in front of an adoring crowd...the weather cool, but dry. The mood electric. Here we go...just one small batch of words. May they be the future.....tonight's future.

"RJ, with his back still bothering him, was battered out of the game this Friday night before finishing the third inning, and the Tigers used the four runs to leap ahead of the Yankees and they now have a commanding 2-1 game lead, with another game at home. The final score was 4-2, with the Tiger's bullpen shining yet again."

Peter here, and it's back to Friday morning. My mind has returned from its glimpse of the future. I might be absurdly wrong, but then again, RJ is an older guy with a tricky back. And the Tigers will be on home turf, in front of a loving crowd, with a chance to go up 2-1 with two to play, the next one at home. What do you think? As always, thanks for being here for me. And I DO want to hear your comments on this busy Friday, a grey but not rainy day. All the rain is south of here, NYC and points south and west. Still grey, though, and 44 degrees. Great weather to break in the fireplace. I might...plenty of wood in the garage. And I already did what I have to do today. So....Ok ok, I talked myself into a roaring fire, the first of the season. Knowing that the wood has been cut and stored in my garage for 5 years, it will be an easy, kindling-less fire to start. Newspaper and wood, and a crackly sweet smelling addition to the living room/den/media room is there! Wow, I was thinking while typing. Almost didn't realize it! Off to the garage,. Looking forward to your thoughts on tonight's game. Thanks.

11 Comments:

At 10/06/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Jonathon, TWO in el city de motor would mean....mean....the Yanks go home! Wowie gozowie. One at a time..but it would be so great if what I wrote came close to being the actuality. Yeah, right. The next things will be lottery numbers. But I have faith in what I wrote, because I didn't have to think it before I typed it....we'll see. Have a great weekend, and thanks as always for reading. I mean that...Peter

 
At 10/06/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I'd love for the Yanks to be done. Absolutely. And my bro in law would be thrilled with a Tiger's victory, so all would be well with the world!!

Oh, and about that fire...sounds heavenly!!

 
At 10/06/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger laura said...

There was a possibility Johnson wouldn't pitch at all a while ago, right? Maybe he will shut down early on and hopefully the Tigers could take advantage of the bullpen.

 
At 10/06/2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Christine E. said...

Peter, I would like nothing less for you to be right, and the Skanks be out of it in the 1st round

How COOL would that be??

The only thing better than the Tigers winning the next 2 is the tigers losing 1 and then clinching at The stadium...tehehehe

 
At 10/06/2006 1:02 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Peter, I like your way of thinking. I've followed the Tigers some this season (after the Sox) because of Nate Robertson (local hero). While he had a tough outing Wednesday, he didn't pitch badly, but I'd rather not see him in New York again this year. Save him to start against the A's or Twinkies.
Sounds like you're going to have a nice day with the fire & Detroit victory. BTW, it's 72 & beautiful here in the heartland.

 
At 10/06/2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I never knew how popular a fire would be..with me! Crackling and sizzling and all the good stuff right now. Laura, you have a deviously great mind to suggest that all those NY fans at Yankee Stadium would come out on Sunday only to be heartbroken (AWW!). Amy, hi to you. Loved your last post at your place. Christine, hi and as always, we have the same thing in mind. And last but not least, new reader (?) I'm jealous of your 72 degrees, but if that were the case here, I'd have a REALLY hot living room with this fire. Thanks for reading..do you have a blog?? I'll check your profile. And, you all make me so happy wit your comments. Enjoy Detroit night tonight everyone, according to my post. I so hope I'm right.....

 
At 10/06/2006 2:13 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

"Oh, and about that fire...sounds heavenly!!"

Amy, I couldn't resist saying that the game doesn't start until 8PM. Plenty of time to get here. Directions if you need 'em...no loud neighbors, either. Just me! Enjoy tonight and keep in touch. Everyone! You make me happy.

 
At 10/06/2006 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. You said wily mo would get better under the watchful eye of... TROT??? No way man, he won't be here next year, and i would like to see wily mo play center like he did early this year and coco can play right. i never said wily mo was a bad outfielder, either. i just think he needs some work, and he played well despite a few screwups

 
At 10/06/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

o if that prediction(on my blog)comes true i will be happy
:)

 
At 10/07/2006 12:09 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

"Moideras Row":

It was "Moidah";

Detroit 6-0;

"Yankees LOSE";

"Thahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yankees SUCK!"

 
At 10/07/2006 6:53 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

We will never agree on WMP, Ben. And he sure could learn some defensive skills from Trot. And he could learn much about Fenway's rightfield. I've seen many a player come and go over the years, and Dewey was by far the best. But Trot is right up there after him. WMP? Bottom of the barrel....a little better than Canseco. I have no confidence whatsoever in him. And I ain't alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home