Saturday, October 14, 2006

BIG News For The Red Sox. Remember Them?

This, from today's Globe, and then the usual...a comment from me. That's why you're here. Not for reprinted articles from one news source or another, but to hear what I think. Well, I hope so.........I mean, gee, ah.....wow, now I'm not sure..........oh well....here we go. A new pitching coach for the team we love loving is the subject..........

"John Farrell, a 44-year-old New Jersey native who pitched parts of eight seasons in the big leagues and for one season was Terry Francona's teammate in Cleveland, is expected to be named Red Sox pitching coach.
Farrell, currently serving as the Cleveland Indians' director of player development, would succeed Dave Wallace, whose contract was not renewed after the season, and Al Nipper, who had filled in for Wallace while he was recovering from complications stemming from hip replacement surgery."

Peter here...that is if you WANT to hear from me. I guess I can look around. There must be someone else nearby, maybe on a jog or out getting the paper. But no...it's me and me only. Thank you for your patience during my comic misturn. One of many here and there. YOU'RE STILL HERE. And that's big to me. But this is big news. John Farrell has a reputation for being able to help the younger guys, of which we have a few, and capable of the perfect "kick in the pants get going" type of motivation for the whole squad of pitchers that wear our uniform. For anyone on the staff. I feel badly for Mr. Wallace. He dealt with life threatening health concerns in '06, and thankfully all is well health-wise for him. And gentle Al Nipper did an OK fill-in job, but he is not major league caliber stuff when it comes to coaching. Double or Triple A? Sure. I like him...when he was on on the mound he was a joy to watch and the team usually won! So the best to both of them, and to John Farrell, this. From me: "John, you have so many parts of the puzzle to put together on this pitching staff. And there'll be new parts added before that magic time in February when the game of baseball rises phoenix-like again, as it does every year. Good luck. WE NEED YOU"...Red Sox Nation should be happy. And changes? More to come. That I promise. Readers, enjoy your Saturday of October baseball. I hope we can all see a wild but no "car overturned" celebration this evening from the motor city, and right now home of the team which is making a statement. A statement we could all very easily fall in love with. And after they clinch (such a nice word!), it's time for the Metroplolitans to step up. Step up and take control. I for one do NOT want to see the redbirds of Missouri in the World Series. Wow....so many words. If you made it this far, thank you. It was that little voice in my left ear, at full blast. I'm shutting it down right now. In mid-sentence!! Happy healthy Saturday. Love you all. Muy mucho. And that means very much. And that's from my heart.

21 Comments:

At 10/14/2006 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, thank you for your kind wisshes. And your post was right on spot. I cannot wait for the '07 season.

 
At 10/14/2006 11:00 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And no, that was not our new pitching coach. I just wanted to make sure I had your attention, and I also wanted to make sure that I changed my comment options correctly. Yes, on both counts. Thanks for reading. Everybody. Everyday. I'm blessed.

 
At 10/14/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

peter,
Lets see what he can bring us i am excited for the 07 season.
-kaylee

 
At 10/14/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

Peter: I saw in today's New York Post that things aren't going well on the set of "The Bronx Is Burning." Check out this link:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142006/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

Take it easy...

 
At 10/14/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/14/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/14/2006 12:53 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

Sorry about that mess, Peter. Tried to send you that link a couple of times more, but it won't come out. If you go the NY Post's Page Six column online, you can read the story. It's interesting.

 
At 10/14/2006 2:00 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I read it, Q. And thanks! Tigers tonight...and maybe the Mets can be back in control......we hope..

 
At 10/14/2006 2:17 PM, Blogger laura said...

Hopefully he will have a lot of talent to work with. I have faith that Theo will work hard to find decent pitching this offseason..because we all know how much they need it!

 
At 10/14/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

and check out my lastest post peter!
-kaylee

 
At 10/14/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

and check out my lastest post peter!
-kaylee

 
At 10/14/2006 2:33 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

oops sorry posted twice

 
At 10/14/2006 3:08 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

also do we have someone replacin jackson yet?

 
At 10/14/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee, we just about do have someone for the batting coach job..check out the Globe's website boston.com.....have a great night...you too Laura, and Q...be back first thing in the morning, before you're out of bed.....Laura, I'm making breakfast...put your order in......delivery available...same day. Might be warm....enjoy the baseball tonight. I'd still love to read your John Lennon story. And right now 3-0 Oakland,,,,,,GULP!...

 
At 10/14/2006 6:03 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

thank you peter i am obviously to dumb to think of that myself.lol.
-kaylee

 
At 10/14/2006 6:31 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

TIE GAME AND THE CROwd is wild.
-kaylee

 
At 10/14/2006 6:37 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

this post kinda reminded me of me. I love how the Tigers tied it up when I turned it on

 
At 10/15/2006 3:02 AM, Blogger laura said...

Haha, I like those whole wheat pecan pancakes that IHOP makes. It's pretty late now, so I don't think I'll be able to make breakfast...see you around lunch!

 
At 10/15/2006 6:56 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Late night for laura, early morning for me, and a bad job by the mets. They could be in a heap a'trouble if they lose tonight.

 
At 10/16/2006 3:40 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

The Sox pitching staff definitely needs some freshening up.... I enjoy the offseason sometimes just as much as the regular season. So much strategic planning and guesswork.... :)

I was a little surprised to see they let Papa Jack go though.... ? I'm going to have to find your posts on that because I didn't "know" you when that came out.

 
At 10/16/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Now that we "know" each other, Rebecca, this is the only post having anything to do that is close to Papa Jack's "retirement." Wrong way to put it......I know. Thanks..Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home