Wednesday, October 11, 2006

These Tigers' Paws Have Claws

The Detroit Tigers took up right where they left off against the Yankees with a 5-1 thrashing of the Oakland A's, an A's team that I foolishly picked to beat them. But there's no taking back predictions. Nate Robertson threw 5 shutout innings and the vaunted feline bullpen did it again. It's 1-0 Tigers, with Verlander versus Loiza tonight.
The St. Louis Cardinal-New York Mets series gets it going tonight, with Tommy Glavine going against Jeff Weaver. Suffice it to say the Mets are in capable hands, and will beat the birds and step up to the World Series. Their fans will demand no less. And both games start shortly after 8, with the Mets/Cardinals snaring the FoxHD gig while the Tigers and A's get bumped down to an FX appearance. Why couldn't the schedule makers have done a matinee at 4 and a prime time game at 8? I'll tell you why...... ratings. Baseball fans be damned. We want both these games on in prime time to maximise revenue dollars. Greedy bastards. Damn them. Damn them all. To my readers, enjoy the action. And if you have picture in picture, there will be that much more action to enjoy.

6 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 9:05 AM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

no the tigers are gunna win
-kaylee

 
At 10/11/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Now I agree...before the series started I thought the A's had that certain something...the Tigers have it instead...amd that's good.

 
At 10/11/2006 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I changed the way the comments are accepted, since the evil villians of 2 or three mgxonths ago, Yankee fans, are gone. Dust . Bye.....so this is me just checking. Now, I hope, anyone can comment. A blogger acc't. is not necessary. Peter, as anonymous. For the only time.......

 
At 10/11/2006 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to see the Tigers doing so well ... I am praying for a clean sweep of the A's ...

 
At 10/11/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thank you Novella...for your first comment ever here AND your love of the felines. And cleanlieness, because you'd like to see a sweep. Me too. Kidding a little, but don't be a stranger. I'll check out your blog, if you have one, soon. Enjoy the baseball tonight. One game or the other, thanks to FoX.

 
At 10/11/2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

My spelling was not great....lunchtime no eating jitters. I will be back!~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home