Sunday, October 15, 2006

Tigers Walk Off...Next Stop World Series. Mets Find TROUBLE In St. Louis

Magglio Ordonez picked the perfect time to hit his second home run of the game. It was a 3 run ninth inning walk off shot that propelled him and his team to the ultimate goal, the World Series of baseball. It was just three seasons ago that the Tigers set the record for most losses in a season. And now? Look at them! And Oakland became the 28th of the 29 teams to go home after losing the first three games of the championship series. The notable exception? You all know it's our Boston Red Sox. So hats off to you, Detroit Tigers. Now take a week off, prepare, mentally and physically, and be ready for next Saturday to play some ball. Your opponent?
Now that's a tough question to answer. The Mets have found all kinds of trouble in the land of the arch. After splitting the first two games at Shea, they were blanked, wrestled and tied down by none other than Jeff Suppan, who forgot how to pitch while he was in a Red Sox uniform. He certainly had no problems last night, as the Mets, injured but still a handful, were overmatched. They did not have a chance. And the Met's Steve Trachsel was carved up and served buffet style by the redbird lumber. Yum. 2 games to 1 Cardinals. Tonight is a game the Mets need. Badly. I for one would much rather see a Detroit-New York series. I've had my fill of watching the Cardinals. But a small part of me wouldn't mind all those Mets fans from New York go home dissapointed. But I said a SMALL part. Wordmaster Michael Legget is a Met fan. His link, Random Fandom, is at your right. That's reason enough to want them to continue. So I want to see them play for all the marbles. Enjoy your Sunday everyone. I might even be back a little later. You never know when you're here what to expect. To tell you the truth, sometimes I don't either. Honest.....

10 Comments:

At 10/15/2006 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Peter! I finally got a chance to check out your site. I watched the game in the hospital yesterday:( My dads a Tiger's fan and I was arguing with him because he kept screaming at the TV in the room, and my poor grandma. But when I got home I turned on the TV and I saw everyone jumping up and down at home plate. I called Dad and he was just going crazy. I'm pretty excited that they are going. I have never been a Tiger fan, but I feel some sense of loyalty to the team because of Dad. He would always take me to see the Yankees in Baltimore and New York when I was a kid. It seemed he always paid attention to what I liked instead of his team. So now it's my turn to cheer my ass off for the Tigers. By the way nice Blog!

 
At 10/15/2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

They were carved up, served with stuffing, cranberry sauce & all the trimmings:

They're my NL Team & can drive me nuts;

Either way, Tigers in a quick walk!

 
At 10/15/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Amber, thanks for your great thoughts. Are you in the hospital because someone is ill. (Duh Peter) I hope everything works out, and your compliment are appreciated. Please come back...everyday you can.
And Michael, a new paragraph for you. I THOUGHT the Mets were your team number two. And my goodness, they have to step up. They have to step up tonight! I'll be rooting for them And props to the Tigers...they will be exciting to watch in the upcoming couple of weeks.
Thanks to both of you! Have great Sundays!!!! And thanks for reading. Michael, that joke was only so-so. But true!

 
At 10/15/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

I kinda wanna see the Cards in the World Series cause I want them to be destroyed by the Tigers I don't dislike the Mets and wouldn't want to wish that on them

 
At 10/15/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Katiee!

 
At 10/15/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

hey peter,
I am roorting for the mets just cause I adore SHAWN GREEN!Thsnks for that link on my blog
-kaylee

 
At 10/15/2006 4:07 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

but you know if the mets get in i may have to go against the tigers and root for my SHAWN GREEN.
-kaylee

 
At 10/15/2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know.....you're funny! Just going to heat up the grill for dinner....Have a great night Kaylee...and everybody! GO METS!!

 
At 10/15/2006 5:00 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

well thank you i comes naturally
-kaylee

 
At 10/15/2006 5:13 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Good night Kaylee, and everyone...I'll be posting early tomorrow, which is....is.....Monday! AAHHH!!
Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home