Friday, November 17, 2006

4 Years...$48 million.....

Sound familiar? Right you are! The exact numbers that Johnny Damon wanted to remain in Boston in his familiar centerfield. These are the numbers the Red Sox are dangling to LA outfielder J.D. Drew and his agent, the busy Scott Boras. And the Sox and Boras are said to be close to making this official. Last year Drew hit .286 with 20 taters and 100 RBI. Those numbers are close to his career statistics.
What to do with Wily Mo? Why, what I suggested countless times in the past. Get rid of the bum! I know, I know, he's only a kid at 24, but he's played baseball for enough years for the observer, me, and others, to realize that the defensive skills that the gifted are born with just aren't there. He is worthless in the field, any field anytime anywhere, domed stadium or not, little league field or big league ballpark. It has been rumored that the Sox have had discussions regarding Brad Lidge, and WMP is said to be involved in those. As I said, any OTHER team. Also the Sox have focused conversation on Julio Lugo. But right now the closest there is to breaking news is the J.D. Drew acquisition. Close is nice. And the Sox are at full throttle in what is to be an off season of money spending. Go for it Theo, Larry, Tom and John. Just do it!

8 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am all for the FO spending the big bucks for 2007 !

I still wish we had been smart enough to keep Mr Johnny Damon ... but, uh ... that's just me ... sorry.

And WMP ?!? Get rid of him.

 
At 11/17/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know....JD Drew is no Johnny Damon....but he's way better than the thought (ahhh!!!) of WMP in right. Thanks Novella.

 
At 11/17/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

We think alike...scary, but nice!

 
At 11/17/2006 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how weird ... we'll (maybe) have another JD ...

i prefer caveman JD though ...

 
At 11/17/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

He was a good looking guy...not that I noticed. Only eyes for you....did I say that? Wow.....have fun on your Friday!

 
At 11/17/2006 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that you say he WAS a good looking guy ... cause he looks like crap w/ short hair and the mfy pinstripes ... which is why he is now dead to me !

gee ... how did this turn into johnny talk ? sorry ... lol !

 
At 11/17/2006 1:30 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I don't know..I just emailed you, and now I'm going out to lunch (1:21 my time). Maybe I'll see one from you...hope your turkey lunch was great....bye

 
At 11/17/2006 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) got it !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home