Friday, November 03, 2006

The Boston Red Sox Are The Winners Of The TEAM Gold Glove

Yes, the Sox did commit the fewest errors, but were shut out in The AL Gold Glove winner's circle. Read on...

"The Boston Red Sox led the Major Leagues with the fewest errors with 66, coming within one miscue of tying the big-league record for fewest bobbles in a season, set by the Mariners in 2003. That Mariners team had four Gold Glove winners: Bret Boone, John Olerud, Mike Cameron and Ichiro.
The 2006 Red Sox were surprisingly shut out.Shortstop Alex Gonzalez misplayed seven of the 475 fielding chances he had.
And, while Gonzalez made fewer than half as many errors as Jeter (15), the Yankees shortstop had 610 fielding chances."

Peter here. This is to all of you who think our Gonzo should have won the award for his 2006 nearly flawless and often game-saving play at shortstop. Yes, Jeter won, but if Gonzo had played in more games, with more chances to show his magic glove, and reflexes, stuff we need on our team next year (along with Loretta, and Trot...please!), then he WOULD have won. He played in just a few more than 100 games. In this case I think the award (horrors!) went to the right person. Please! Don't throw tomatoes at me! You might hit my computer! OK, I'm back. And I could comment on each and every one of the nine postions, but it's not necessary. There will be moaning and groaning in RSN about this Jeter honor. I just don't see how the gripes and grimaces will help our club in this incredible intermission between the disappointment of '06 and the "always there" hope for '07. And that's what keeps the game of baseball, the one we love and cherish, alive and well. "Next year!" May 2007 be a year that will be remembered for generations to come.
Enjoy your weekends. I'll pop up tomorrow and Sunday to further interrupt your days. All you have to do is stop in. But I know you know that. And because of that, I thank you. Always. And forever. Stick with me! Promise???

18 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you really think mark loretta should be on this team next year, and trot and alex gonzalez, you must be comfortable winning ~85 games and rotting in 3rd place.

seriously, if that's your pov on this, why write a blog? you don't know what you're talking about.

 
At 11/03/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I've had it with you...go elsewhere. But grow up!

 
At 11/03/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

You are welcome to your opinion, and that's why I'm not deleting your comment. But if you took a poll, I think you'd be in the MAJOR minority. At least sign your name. Anonymous does not become you. Or maybe? Maybe it DOES.

 
At 11/03/2006 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't throw anything ... but I am sick of Jeter winning ... just sick. It's because he's an MFY ... URGH !

I hate the MFY's ...

The End.

 
At 11/03/2006 12:34 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

Even if Gonzo played in 150 games or more, Jeter still probably would have won. Remember it's a players and coaches vote, and not given based on stats.

It's a popularity contest, first and foremost.

 
At 11/03/2006 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*grabs tomato*

*winds up Arroyo style*


misses - because she throws like a girl.

:)

i loved the strong D on the infield this year but the empty bats left me cold. Ortiz looked so lonely running those bases by himself, homerun after homerun.

 
At 11/03/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Jen, I'm glad you missed...and Q...I know. It's just the way I express my frustration. But still. 140 games of Gonzo defense? He'd be RIGHT THERE. If only.
And Novy, the end is the beginning. Brain waves almost too similar!
Everyone...Enjoy your Fridays..I'm so happy you're here. And I'll sign this one myself! Peter...

 
At 11/03/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

You all are the best!

 
At 11/03/2006 1:14 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

I certainly understand your need to vent, Peter.

Enjoy the weekend, my friend.

 
At 11/03/2006 2:09 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And you too Q.

 
At 11/03/2006 2:35 PM, Blogger laura said...

Ha, I just wrote a post complaining about Jeter getting the award. The numbers are skewed towards Gonz to win, but he's not as "cool" as Jeter, thus, DJ wins. It's stupid, but that's how it goes I guess.

 
At 11/03/2006 4:43 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

we need loretta back!
-kaylee

 
At 11/03/2006 7:55 PM, Blogger Katiee said...

I'm not totally disagreeing but regardless I think Micheal Young was better than Jeter to but he's not Jeter so how could he win

 
At 11/04/2006 6:49 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Good points all...today is another day...cold too. 22 degrees

 
At 11/04/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

A Man With A Co-Branded Cologne does NOT an Infielder Make:

Derek Jeter is a GREAT Campaigner, but if I went according to what he did on a Saturday Afternoon, after Clubbing all of Friday Night, he would just plain ol' SUCK on that basis;

& to think that Jeter, Torre & a certain "FOX Saturday Baseball" Lead Baseball Analyst, who wears Red Dye#2, all have the Same Agent;

Do I see a correlation here?

 
At 11/04/2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Michael, we ALL do! On the money, as always.

 
At 11/07/2006 9:07 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And now it's Tuesday, Michael, and your comment made me laugh. AGAIN!
I guess when it's time to reread my blog I'll have fun. And it's almost one year. I will have a one year anniversary post coming up on 11/20.

 
At 11/07/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Anonymous is gone...thaqnk goodness. A nasty person who sometimes shows his lack of knowlege. Enough of him. Ben, if you are logged in to your blogger.com account, you should have NO problems whatsoever commenting here...let me know by email if you do. Your thoughts are important to me. As are everyone's!
And Rebecca, this is me on Tuesday morning, and I hope you found and read this post. Thanks. Again, I love your new pic......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home