Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cora Continued! We Can Only Hope......

And hot on the heels of the expected Clemens' free agent not so new news is this, from today's Globe.....

'"With the Red Sox' middle-infield situation up in the air for 2007, team sources indicate that they are closing in on a two-year deal with Alex Cora, which should protect the Sox in case of an injury or if their offseason pursuits fall short.
Both Alex Gonzalez and Mark Loretta remain free agents, though the Sox have indicated they're not closing the door on either player. The Indians and Mets have expressed interest in Loretta, and the Sox meanwhile are exploring the possibility of free agent Julio Lugo, who basically became a jack of all trades for the Dodgers after he was dealt from Tampa Bay to Los Angeles at the trade deadline."

Peter here. First of all, open that door, Sox front office. Theo...that's you! Gonzo and Loretta are needed. And Alex Cora in '06 was a guy who did everything in every position. We needed him, and we WILL need him next year, and in 2008. This is a good move by the club. The first of many more to come. We can only hope this is the first of many team-bettering moves by Theo and company. An appetite wetter of the best kind. I can't wait! More news as it happens. From now until the magic cold month of February rears it's ugly but welcome head. All 28 days of it. Or 29 on Leap Years.....And I just came back from our polling place at Farmington (CT.) High School. I do hope you find the time to make YOUR voice heard. Thanks for reading me. I hear YOUR vote whenever you stop by. And that makes me happy. I guess I'm a lucky guy......I KNOW I am.

8 Comments:

At 11/07/2006 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES ! I want to keep Cora ... and Gonzo ... AND Loretta - mostly Trot though.

Yes, we still had a pretty decent year ... but don't rid us of those that were the playmakers! The ones that were getting their jobs done.

eh - don't listen to me ... I am just fond of them ...

 
At 11/07/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I ALWAYS listen to you..and your thoughts mirror mine so very much. Uncanny! That's why we are blog friends...everyday.

 
At 11/07/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger laura said...

I will never forget Alex Cora ducking when the ball came to him at the game I went to in Baltimore. Other than that, he is a good backup and it's necessary to have one of those. Now for the rest of the free agents!

 
At 11/07/2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

While I'd like to see the Rocket in Boston, we need long term pitching and thats where the money should be best spent...

I'd love to see Loretta stay, but I don't know that the Sox are thinking of that as a first option.... :(

It sounds like keeping him is almost their last bet. :(

 
At 11/07/2006 1:24 PM, Blogger Suldog said...

Yes, please keep Loretta. He's a fine 2B and a swell #2 hitter. And I'm tired of having a new second baseman every year.

 
At 11/07/2006 1:52 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Who better than Mark Loretta? The answer? NO ONE! Not in the AL. He's a game winner. Alex C?? Remember!

 
At 11/07/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Winners both...with Mike Lowell, and Youk at first...how do we improve on near perfection? The answer? No way! Love your comments.

 
At 11/08/2006 6:58 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Who can blame the Mets? He's a quality player of the highest caliber

 

Post a Comment

<< Home