Sunday, November 26, 2006

Like It Or Not.........

From SI..and this is one of many articles I have come across on this Sunday post-Thanksgiving morning. All with the same basic message...read on...

"The Boston Red Sox are closing on a deal for free-agent outfielder J.D. Drew, SI.com has learned.
Drew became an instant hit on the free-agent market after stirring controversy in Los Angeles by opting out of the $33 million and three years remaining on his Dodgers deal, as his unusual contract allowed. The Rangers, Indians, Orioles, Giants and Padres were among teams who expressed an interest in signing Drew, but several major league executives who were bidding on Drew said Saturday he is ticketed to Boston. A deal could be announced within a week."

Peter here...a week! Well, as the title of this post said so clearly, whether we like it or not, J.D. Drew will be taking over the "Trot territory" that we know as the always dangerous right field of Fenway Park. I'll always know it as "Dewey's Domain." (I just made that phrase up, but Dewey was the best I have ever seen.) Good luck to J.D. Next up? Who the heck knows! DMat, SS, closer, etc. Much to come in this anything but tranquil November into December of 2006. If you are going to be on the roads today, be safe. And if not? I hope you had the best of Thanksgiving weekends. The Patriots...4:15? It's a date!

9 Comments:

At 11/26/2006 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess they really have no interest whatsoever in keeping Trot.

 
At 11/26/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

i dont want drew

 
At 11/26/2006 4:30 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Laura, I guess not...Kaylee, it might happen...wow..talk about answering with cliches! Sorry....

 
At 11/26/2006 4:33 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And my goodness Kaylee....you already have over 50 hits today....and that's just in the last hour or so.....I'm not even on that much...not at all after now! Thanks, I guess, but you don't have to...I mean, this is the last time I'm checking my blog. TODAY. But thanks, I guess.

 
At 11/26/2006 4:35 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And that's from 3:31 until right now....4:27..I don't get it! Once an hour, for the afternoon hours, is plenty...no???

 
At 11/26/2006 4:37 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

No Pats for me...sorry...I'll see you back here tomorrow!!!! Peter

 
At 11/26/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

no i use your links cause i am too lazy to figure out hoow to put them on my blog.
-kaylee

 
At 11/26/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Kaylee, I'm not mad or anything...please stop here as many times as you want! I love it that you stop here every day!! OK??? It's been a tough afternoon, and I was just curious....ok??????????????????????

 
At 11/26/2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

OK????????????? Have a good night..I'll be back tomorrow morning...night now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home