Saturday, November 25, 2006

Of Manny. And Flat Screen TVs. And Me

Carlos Lee has become the newest member of the Houston Astros. He signed for 6 years and $100 million smackaroos. And that development leaves our Manny as an even more attractive option for the 4 or 5 teams still looking for a slugging outfielder. I still believe that unless Theo and company are OVERWHELMED with the type of offer that cannot be refused, they shouldn't hit the panic button. Manny would be a magic fix for those teams. MAKE THEM PAY. If we must.
In about an hour I'm going over to a long-time friend's house to help him set-up his new 32 inch Samsung top of the line model LCD HD TV. I've seen its specs, and for what he paid, he got a tremendous deal. You can call him Craig. That's his name. And he'll be reading this soon. He'd better! Why ask me to help? Well, other than that I am a truly amazing guy, I know my way around the newest and most complicated backsides of the new generation of HDTVs. I've always loved electrical things, from my first reel to reel tape deck way back when to my own HDTV, a wonderful Sony with the requisite sound system that fills my living room with all-around joyous sound, sound coupled with a stunning Hi-Def picture that has to be seen to believe. So I was more than happy to help him. After all, his girlfriend lives way down in Petey land. The DR. He goes there often, but is helpless some other times. He's picking up the Hi Def digital cable box from the Comcast office near his house, and I'll hook it up and tweak the television's settings for an enjoyable experience, light years better than what he's used to. Oh, and Comcast does a wonderful job providing a great selection of Hi-Def channels.....all the local channels, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and PBS. Other non-local channels include NESN Hi-Def (SOX!!!), ESPN 1 and 2, TNT, Discovery, INHD 1 and 2 (all Hi-Def programming, from concerts to movies to sports to anything), an MTV HD music channel which isn't bad, and all the premium channels such as HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, et al. HBO is the ONE premium channel that is a must have for me. I mean, we're talking the Sopranos, Larry David, and so many great movies shown in stunning 1080i, which makes for a mouth watering Hi Def, "to die for" picture. My fee? Nada...although so many of my friends have pleaded with me to do this for a living.....be an installer. Take the worry out of buying a "new fangled" television for those souls who don't know Hi-Def from their breakfast cereal. Nah......not me. But if a friend is in need, I'm there.

So, have a great Saturday. I'll be doing what I love to do. And that is help people. And it's great that the help needed is something I know how to do. For any of my blog brothers and sisters, from NYC to Phoenix to Wisconson to any part of the civilized word, I'm here for you. Enjoy your Saturday! A cold start here in North Central Connecticut (right now 27 degrees) will mold into a 60 degree day, with warmer and just as sunny temperatures to come. Until.......until it all falls apart next week, Thursday or so, when the weather pattern changes and the winds shift ...from the Southwest to the Northwest. Until then, I'm smiling! Thinking of you too! And when the REAL winter weather starts to kick us in the a**, I love writing about it. You're in for a treat. Bye. For now......

7 Comments:

At 11/25/2006 2:01 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

i has finnally cooled of here yay!I hate the summers here.
-kaylee

 
At 11/25/2006 2:07 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

But. Kaylee, didn't you have anything to say about my post? C'mon! No fair.........

 
At 11/25/2006 2:13 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

haha.okay fine if you insist.Carlos Lee's contract is a hefty one that is almost 15millin a year.Jeez.him and Alfonzo Soriano are in for the money.As for the Hi-def that comes in handy when you want to watch the SOX and the patriots.
-kaylee

 
At 11/25/2006 3:09 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

and one other thing I heard they named timlin the closer is this true?
-kaylee

 
At 11/25/2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

No way K...not Tims

 
At 11/25/2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

talk to you later

 
At 11/25/2006 4:15 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

I didnt say i wanted him to be heck no!
-kaylee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home