Sunday, November 19, 2006

One Year, 12 Months, 365 Days, 751 Posts.......

And it's been fun. That's right, I started this blog on November 20th of 2005. Here is my original first, jittery and scared post. We've come a long way, baby!

First Post November 20 of 2005

Just to mark the time and date I'd like to say hello. And I'd like to explain a couple things. First off, I'll write when the spirit hits me, when my fingers glide over the keys with almost nary a thought process going on at the time. So much for clarity you say? Stay awhile, I might surprise you. I quickly want to thank Reb for putting into words my EXACT thought process as to why I didn't have a blog months ago. And thanks to Jere, the first Sox blog that led me to Reb that....and on and on.

Peter here, live and in color on this late November Sunday. And the year has flown by. Indeed, it would have flown even faster had the Red Sox kept a better grip on first place instead of succumbing to the horrid spate of injuries that we know all too well. But that was last year, and this year of 2007 coming up, already being shaped by Theo Epstein and company, is blooming brightly. There is so much more to come.
I want to thank all of my daily, or almost daily, readers. Without you, and you know who you are but there are too many of you to mention, I'd just be some guy muttering to himself about baseball this and baseball that. An oddity, someone to point at and laugh. Well, not really, but I was getting a mental picture. But it wasn't of me. Never mind. Not important. What was I saying? I know exactly what I was saying. Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here, and for being so loyal. I'll keep this up, everyday, as long as I can, or until you get sick of me (let me know if that starts to happen!). You see, I've made so many friends. And that makes me smile. Have a happy and healthy Sunday. We now return to our regular programming. (Fade to black.....)

9 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 12:37 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

have a great day must go get ready for my patriots game
-kaylee

 
At 11/19/2006 12:45 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

we would never get sick of you.

 
At 11/19/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Awww, you are so sweet. And hi to the newest Pats' fan, your baby brother. Thank you Kaylee! You're the best.

 
At 11/19/2006 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Kaylee, we'll keep reading until you stop writing!

 
At 11/20/2006 6:50 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Laura. Deal!!

 
At 11/20/2006 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so ... is it Happy Birthday or Happy Anniversary ?

 
At 11/20/2006 9:09 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I guess a little of both....happy birthaversary? That sounds about right! Thanks for your kind words.

 
At 11/20/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

Congrats Peter!!!

 
At 11/22/2006 7:10 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Q!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home