Monday, November 06, 2006

Screen thoughts in brief......

As I said in the comment section of the last two posts to a young lady who goes by the name (at least in bloggerland) beazer... and you know her, I promise....she's famous, at least in my life.....
This weekend I saw a screening of the new 007 film. Bond, James Bond. So great!!!!! It's been 44 years since 1962's DR. NO, with Ursula Undress...oops, Andress, and her bikini, wading ashore from the green blue coral-sparkling Jamaican waters. My first crush. Good taste, huh? I think so. I was only a kid, but I knew what I saw. And when asked in the new film if Bond likes his martini shaken, or stirred, he says to the bartender..."Does it look like I care?" The guy is great. Different, but great. And the movie Borat? WOW!!!!!!! And it only played on 800 plus screens....wait until next weekend. It will expand to two thousand plus, and do way more than $50 million. Deservedly so. Serious fun. A ten dollar great two hours of entertainment, just as 007 will be...coming soon, to a theater near you. Don't wait for the DVD release...see it with an audience. With popcorn. And a soda. Or a beer, if available. Your sometime move critic, Peter N. Knowing a little about a lot.

6 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

& I've just written a VERY-Arresting Tale. I wrote it yesterday:

Ursula was HOT.

 
At 11/06/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I have to say, this new Bond guy, ain't Bond. I can't even look at the previews and thinks "that's Bond." Nope, just isn't going to do it for me. Sean Connery will always be Bond.

 
At 11/06/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know...and I was too young to know, or so I thought. Thanks Michael.
And Amy, Sean Connery will ALWAYS be "my" Bond of choice...but give the new guy a chance. He blows Roger M. and Lazenby and Brosnan to shreds...literally! Nice to see your comment!

 
At 11/06/2006 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sad to admit ... I am not a 007 girl ...

 
At 11/06/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

You could be.......

 
At 11/06/2006 4:24 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

But what do I know? (Smiling)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home