Thursday, December 21, 2006

Boras..In Good Faith? YEAH RIGHT!!!

This from the AP via mlb.com, and then a comment from me on this warm late December gloomy day......a day with new windows (last post) on the way.

NEW YORK -- "J.D. Drew's agent said the outfielder doesn't have any physical ailments that would prevent his contract with the Boston Red Sox from being finalized.
Scott Boras, who represents Drew, reached a preliminary agreement with the Red Sox on Dec. 5 for a $70 million, five-year contract. The Boston Herald reported Saturday that the outfielder's medical exam raised "a red flag" that the team wanted to check into, and the Herald and Boston Globe have focused on his right shoulder.
Drew had surgery on his right shoulder and on a wrist in September 2005.
"J.D. is healthy," Boras said Wednesday night. "We've had noted experts that have demonstrated that he's without any condition that would effect him over the five years of the contract."
Boras said that drafting the agreement is the only obstacle to completing an agreement. Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein has not commented publicly on the deal since the reports on Drew's condition began last weekend.
"Theo and I are working on this in good faith," Boras said. "We're just working through the language."

Peter here. And Scott, I have language for you! Good faith? Do you want me to define that? It means everything you're NOT! And I'll edit my upcoming remarks so that they are PG rated. Oh, and, needless to say, you are far from my favorite person, baseball-related or otherwise.
Number one, oh let's see, 70 million US dollars? 5 years? Wow, your client, our maybe future rightfielder, has not come on the cheap. So.......the Sox are doing the right thing. And that is to make sure that premium dollars are not buying damaged goods. So anything out of your (yes you Mr. Boras(s)) mouth has to be taken with a grain of salt. Hell, a quart container of salt. The longer it takes for this deal to become official, signed, sealed and delivered, the better. We're not idiots, ya know
.
And to my readers, I had to say something about this possible mistake. And I said POSSIBLE. For that amount of money we should be signing someone with a bionic body, capable of taking flight in rightfield, twisting and turning to catch those balls hit near the Pesky Pole. Scott should be patient. We (I) trust him about as much as an ice cube trying and promising to hang around for hours on a 90 degree day.
There! I feel better. Don't you?? Oh, and hi Trot...stay tuned!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 12/21/2006 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, Scott Boras and Good Faith are pretty much polar opposites.

 
At 12/21/2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know Scott Boras, sorta, but I don't know Good Faith.....
Not as a person...
Laura, thanks for the comment. This is one of those tales that will be told, eventually. Have a great night...Peter

 
At 12/21/2006 6:40 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And happy happy holidays to everyone!!!!!!

 
At 12/21/2006 7:05 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

yes I agree.I think signing drew for that price is a huge mistake also.
-kaylee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home