Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Flying Eastward...With EVERYONE!!!!!!

I posted this before I heard that Peter Boyle, that dear man, had passed away.

"A source close to the negotiations confirmed that the Red Sox contingent in Southern California is flying back to Boston with pitcher Daisuke Matsuzka and his agent, Scott Boras, on board."

And I, Peter, say, "HOLY CRAP!"


And now, real life intrudes....sadly....

LOS ANGELES - "Peter Boyle, the tall, prematurely bald actor who was the tap-dancing monster in "Young Frankenstein" and the curmudgeonly father in the long-running sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond," has died. He was 71."

A loved one has passed away. What can I say? He will be missed by all of us. Especially me.....and whenever I say "Holy crap," well, I'm thinking of him. With tears.......

9 Comments:

At 12/13/2006 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Peter,
As promised, I'm commenting!
Despite the good news, I'm trying to get too excited until they announce a deal. I've had severe anxiety all week over this... and I'm afraid my heart can't take it if it doesn't go through! This certainly is good news though!!!! :D

 
At 12/13/2006 1:06 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Tyff..such sad news just came over the wires.....I rewrote my post. Take care.....

 
At 12/13/2006 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I saw that too. It's really too bad... I always thought he was the life of "Everybody Loves Raymond"

 
At 12/13/2006 1:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

He was John Lennon's best man for his wedding....sad and sweet...such is life. And I'm glad you're here. Way glad.

 
At 12/13/2006 2:11 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

P.S. John Lennmon was HIS best man......

 
At 12/13/2006 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Among sad news...
this was on SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/12/13/matsuzaka.signs/index.html

smile again? even for just a little bit?

 
At 12/13/2006 3:43 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Where did my post go??? hahahha.

No credit??? ;) I told you not to sweat it, a deal would be made.

 
At 12/13/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Rebecca was right..........yay! And Tyff, yes, I saw the SI piece...thank you both.....

 
At 12/18/2006 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Boyle in a Summer Replacement Series in 1968 called "Comedy Tonight" on CBS, with Robert Klein & Madeline Kahn,& the movie "Joe" about a bigot with none of Archie Bunker's humor:

I saw him cross West 57th Street & Broadway on an afternoon walk by Colessium Books;

There was of course, "Young Frankenstein" as he played one hilarious monster;

Peter Boyle will be MISSED.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home