Monday, December 18, 2006

JD Drew Must Shoulder The Load...And A bookmarking Tool For PRSF

The news in the Herald and in the Globe this Monday morning concerns JD Drew. Short on facts and totally straightforward, here's the gist, and then a comment.

"J.D. Drew today will get a second opinion on an undisclosed medical issue the Red Sox have concern about, according to a major league source familiar with Drew's condition.
The Sox expressed concern about the issue after the right fielder underwent a physical in Boston last week. The situation is the reason the five-year, $70 million deal struck at baseball's winter meetings nearly two weeks ago has not been finalized."

Peter here. 5 years...$70 million US dollars. So, the Red Sox are being smart in scheduling a second examination, a thorough one, I hope. The amount of money is immense, and has been debated ceaselessly. And with good reason. You throw in a hurting shoulder and the power numbers and the batting average head south. Just look at Scott Rolen. His numbers after two shoulder surguries plummeted in 2005....a batting average of .235 with only 5 taters in 56 games. And JDD had minor surgery on HIS shoulder in '05.
The Red Sox have to be careful. Rightfield, Trot's territory, at Fenway with a bad shoulder is a recipe, and a great one, for disaster, in the field and at the plate.
And speaking of heading south, I will say this right now....... 2007 will NOT be a "south" type of year for this team that we love to love.. I feel it in my bones. RSN bones.
Enjoy the upcoming week as we count down to Christmas. No holiday break for me--I'll be here every day. I love it too much. Thanks to you guys!
Oh, I almost forgot.I added a new tool to make it easier for you to bookmark my blog, or have it appear on your homepage. Either way, it's nice! Red Sox stuff at your fingertips! Just look over on the right side halfway down. You'll see a white rectangle that says "bookmark." Click and it gives you a bevy of choices. Let me know how it works if you decide (please!) to click on it. Thanks again...you are the engine behind my words. Just knowing that you'll be here to read my stuff makes me so happy. I'm baffled but pleased, and once in a while, I like what I write!

6 Comments:

At 12/18/2006 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A record 26 Articles were written by me between Saturday & early this morning:

I had a feeling that JD Drew's Signing might be a problem.

 
At 12/18/2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I'm going there (you) right now...

 
At 12/18/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And I agree....why not make sure before spending $70 mill when Trot is just as good. Wishful thinking?? Maybe, but JDD must be of sound mind and body before handing over el dinero. The moolah, the bucks, the John Henry dollars. CASH...

 
At 12/18/2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Christine E. said...

I am glad this happened with JD Drew--I think $70M/5 was WAY too much for someone that is injured as frequently as he has been....

 
At 12/18/2006 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew is a wild card...what are we going to do if he gets injured again? Scary thought.

 
At 12/19/2006 6:37 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Too plausible..it's goimg to happen.....and Christine, you is right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home