Tuesday, December 19, 2006

TEK And Daisuke...A Match? Seems So!

This from the Globe, about our new battery pair.........

"Matsuzaka spoke with his new catcher, Jason Varitek, in a conference call the day after signing, Boras said.
When the agent visited in Japan this summer, Matsuzaka's wife asked for a favor. "She wanted to know if I could get Daisuke the jersey of his favorite player," Boras said. "I thought it might be Ichiro, or [Hideki] Matsui. No -- it was Jason Varitek."

Peter here....and how nice is that! Just a little something that I hope brought a smile to you, just as it did for me. Hey, that's my job. To bring you Red Sox information AND to do it with a smile plastered all over your faces. Because of me. How am I doing?????? I'd love to know! But just the fact that you keep reading is enough happiness for me. I mean that......

8 Comments:

At 12/19/2006 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU have returned to #1 as we speak.

 
At 12/19/2006 11:44 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I JUST found out! For now...but the EX is full of rumours...British spelling. We're full of (it) facts! Thanks.

 
At 12/19/2006 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter your the man back to number one!!! yay!!!

 
At 12/19/2006 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the number 1. I found it funny that his wife's favorite player was TEK. Seeing how the Red Sox really aren't on television there that one caught me by surprise. Did you hear the plans for January. The Red Sox caravan is going over to Japan for a tour. I also heard that some of the airlines are changing their flights out of boston to and from Japan so that the Japanese will be able to fly directly to Boston to see DiceK pitch.

 
At 12/19/2006 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I keep reading this blog I am going to be supersmart by the time Baseball starts up again. And I will make Novy proud too !

Niffer.

 
At 12/19/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks CT.....Ian, you too. I did not know that! Jen, you already know what I think! And about the pizza? Yum...although I can only have one or two slices per month.......and yes, she'd be proud.

 
At 12/19/2006 6:40 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

Nice to know he like Tek cause he will have to give Dmat alot of signs this year and for the next 5 after that.but does tek speak japanese?I have missed reading your writings the last couple of days.haha.
-kaylee

 
At 12/20/2006 6:42 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Tek and Daisuke...what a pair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home