Wednesday, January 03, 2007

And At 5pm EST...Late Breaking Sox News.....Bad News If You Ask Me!

From SI...

"Free-agent pitcher Joel Pineiro is closing in on a one-year deal with the Boston Red Sox, two baseball sources told ESPN.com. The deal is believed to be worth a guaranteed $4 million plus incentives, and is conditional on Pineiro passing a physical exam.
Pineiro, 28, is 58-55 in six seasons with Seattle, but struggled badly in 2006, going 8-13 with a 6.36 ERA.
He became a free agent in December when the Mariners declined to offer him a contract rather than allow him to go to salary arbitration. Pineiro made $6.8 million last year in Seattle."

And this from the Thursday Herald.....
"The Red Sox's search for a closer may have reached an unexpected end.
The Sox came to an agreement on a one-year deal with former Seattle Mariners starting pitcher Joel Pineiro, according to sources. He will most likely replace Jonathan Papelbon [stats] as closer.
The contract will become official if Pineiro passes a physical examination. (Peter here...he will.)

And it's me again.........OI VEY!!!!! The Red Sox acquired Pineiro so that he can compete for the closer's role, along with Brendan Donnelly and JC Romero. I'll say it again....THIS IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER THAT COULD RUIN THE WHOLE SEASON. You don't just BECOME a closer!! You learn how! In the minor leagues, not where the games are as important as they are.

2 Comments:

At 1/03/2007 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He better not play like that in Boston. 8-13 is NOT acceptable!

 
At 1/04/2007 6:39 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

I know! And they want him to try out for closer!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home