Saturday, January 20, 2007

Boomer Stays West

Contrary to reports that had him travelling north to Toronto, David Wells is set to become the fifth starter for his hometown San Diego Padres. We wish him the best. The guy showed a heck of a lot of courage last year coming back from a bum knee. Win 15 Boomer!!
I'll be back a little later in the morning on this warmish Saturday. Oh, and that coastal storm I wrote about yesterday? I remember saying the odds were against a snowstorm barreling up the coast because of the warmer than normal water temperatures in the Atlantic. Well, put it this way. I spoke too soon, for next week might get downright interesting. And yes, you'll read about it right here at your all-purpose baseball-weather-just about anything else blog, peppered with comments that range from interesting to bothersome to repititive to just plain old nice. The majority are of the latter variety, but there is always one person who mucks it up for the rest of us. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

5 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 9:00 AM, Blogger GM-Carson said...

Why all the hype about David Wells and where he decides to pitch next season, it's not like it's Clemens.

 
At 1/20/2007 9:13 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi to you, and thanks for reading. I just wanted to post about Boomer because he was a courageous guy in '06 who could have given up after his ugly knee injury. But he came back and gave our Sox quality innings when the injury bug hit us HUGE, and every win was vital. Hey, thanks for reading!

 
At 1/20/2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

And after looking at your blogs, I wanted to mention that I went to college in PA....and my football team, luckily enough, was the black and gold (yellow) Steelers...in their Bradshaw-Lynn Swann prime. When every game against the Cowboys was an event! So much fun...and I actually was able to see the immortal Roberto Clemente when I and a friend were lucky enough to go to the Pittburgh-Orioles WS. The year? Early 70s...I could look it up, but I know it was just a couple too short years before he lost his life. Trying to do good. And I shed tears. Take care...and come back! Peter (I was in college. Maybe that's why my memory is a little fuzzy!!)

 
At 1/20/2007 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched David pitching a gem, last season, at a Red Sox Themed Irish Pub in Manhattan:

He was the David Of Old;

Fabulous!

 
At 1/20/2007 12:14 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And he still has that deceptive left-sided motion. I wish him the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home