Monday, January 29, 2007

Breaking Schill News!!!!

And this, from the Globe, is printed in its entirety...no need to click on this post's title. I have a word or two after you read this.....dated January 29, 2007.......

Schilling: I'll play in '08

By Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff

"Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling said this morning on Boston sports radio station WEEI that he will not retire from baseball at the end of this season, as he had previously had planned.
"I will play in 2008," were the words Curt Schilling told Red Sox Nation this morning on WEEI.
His contract with the Red Sox ends after this season.
"Where I'm going to play beyond 2007, I hope it's Boston, but I will go out and find a home to pitch,” he said. “I hope it's here but there's also that possibility [of pitching for another team]. It would not be to New York."
Schilling said his family played a big part in his decision not to hang ‘em up after this season.
"Over the last probably 5 or 6 months and my wife and kids and I have been talking and we came to conclusion about a week or 10 days ago that I was not going to retire in 2007, that I was going to go ahead," said Schilling. "I always believed physically I was going to be more than OK; I feel like last year, while I certainly didn't have a year like I know I could have, towards the end I became a lot healthier and my wife and kids want me to continue to play, which was the only reason I was retiring in the first place."
Schilling was 15-7 with a 3.97 ERA last season, his third in a Red Sox uniform."

3.97? Not bad for an "off-year." And that was HIS opinion of last year. And if you missed it, and this is BIG, he said he would NOT PITCH FOR NEW YORK! So that makes him "our" Curt forevermore. This is Peter here, and if Schill wants to pitch for us in '08, he will! Oh, and this is for you, John Kerry. Take a deep breath. It looks like you're safe! Curt will be far too busy winning games for the Boston Red Sox in 2008. The number one challenger for your seat will be on the mound, pitching for the team he'll be pitching for when he retires. An extra year of Curt Schilling? The Red Sox and all of us RSNers are happy.....but we have 2007 staring at us. Staring at us, RIGHT IN THE FACE! I love it. I'm ready.
Stay tuned...right here! I'll do my best to keep every reader informed. Heck, MORE than informed! Thanks for reading.

10 Comments:

At 1/29/2007 1:33 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Yeah....and Barbero is gone....and that makes me so sad....thanks for your comment, Z.

 
At 1/29/2007 2:29 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

But Kerry will be back by then...what's important is Schill on the hill..2 years!!!!!..I have to go...thanks for your comments!!!!!!!!!P

 
At 1/29/2007 5:14 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

It is, isn't it Lauren! Yes!!!!!!

 
At 1/29/2007 5:23 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

I like your new pic...is that you???????? Bye.......and thank you everyone for your comments.........a great Monday! And that almost sounds impossible.......

 
At 1/29/2007 5:41 PM, Blogger Kevin Scalley said...

Schilling saying NO to NY already cracks me up!! He's a warrior, I am glad to hear he has changed his mind.

 
At 1/29/2007 5:42 PM, Blogger Kevin Scalley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1/29/2007 5:54 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

that is awesome but didnt johnny say he would never play for the yankees either? I love Schilling

 
At 1/29/2007 6:35 PM, Blogger lauren said...

Schilling's no Damon though. I truly believe that Schilling dislikes New York. I can't picture him ever doing what Damon did. He know's what would happen anyway...I'm pretty sure he wouldn't chance that.

 
At 1/29/2007 6:49 PM, Blogger KAYLEE said...

haha thanks Lauren!

 
At 1/30/2007 6:33 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

A class move by Schill-I hope the club gets him signed before the season starts. I can't imagine otherwise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home