Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Click On This Title. Why? The Results Will Surprise All Of You!! Not Me, Though. Not In The Least!!!

This is an informal poll put up by The Remy Report, who has a daily seven times per week "Today In Sports Newsletter." And it's great, so look for the free subscription info somewhere there. And it's not just baseball. In fact, today's selected article links are almost 100% Patriots. But today there's a poll, and if you click on the title above, I hope you'll vote. It's already a landslide, and it's all about a choice. Who would you rather see playing Fenway's spacious right on '07....JD Drew, or (and I know it's too late, because Trot is gone, but people voted!) our always number seven rightfielder supreme Trot (dirt dog) Nixon. So click on this post's title, and if you want to leave me a comment about how you feel, and why, that would be great. I know so many of you, my readers, and I know how you feel. But I thought this would be fun. The link, voting and all, should work! As always, and I will say it EVERY chance I get, thank you for reading me. To quote the great, maybe the GREATEST PLAYER EVER, Lou Gehrig. "I feel like the luckiest guy on the face of the Earth." Sad words, said when the man was so very sick, and saying farewell, FOREVER, to his fans at Yankee Stadium. And so early in his life. But, with tears in his eyes, he meant every word. He didn't even want to approach the mike on that fatefull goodbye day, but he was urged on by his managers and fellow players. And again I urge you to read the book about him, a true story written so well that ANY baseball fan would enjoy immensely. It's called THE LUCKIEST MAN, softcover available at amazon dot com, or ANYWHERE. I laughed, oh, I cried. But I was a better man, a better fan of the game of baseball, after lovingly reading this.....so click, and vote, and keep your sometimes silly but ALWAYS nice writer up to date with your feelings. Happy hump day, and as always, don't forget to click on the post's title to vote in the poll. And your thoughts? I'll devour them, and respond. Happy Hump Wednesday. And the arctic blast is coming, and coming soon for those of us in the northeastern part of our great country. Friday will be remembered for its wind chills, so bundle up. Comment if you can! I love you guys!!!

9 Comments:

At 1/24/2007 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not surprising to me, either, Peter. Trot was a class act.

 
At 1/24/2007 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I LOVE Trot- obviously, look at my screename :) But money aside, I picked JD Drew, easily. He's just a better baseball player.

Yeah, Trot was an awesome guy, but... I want the Sox to win! :) I think Drew is better and makes the Sox better.

If you consider the money it makes the choice harder of course. Thanks, Pete!

 
At 1/24/2007 10:21 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Sul...and Trotman7 (great screename!!!!), I voted with my heart, and when I saw the results, so many fans did the same thing! Thanks guys!!!!!

 
At 1/24/2007 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd much rather Trot. There's no one who could fill the right field hole better than him. You could argue about skill, but who says Trot's not good? He always plays with intensity. That counts for something. And he certainly wanted to be here. I'd take that over someone like Drew ANY day.

 
At 1/24/2007 4:13 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Right you are! And hi!!!!!

 
At 1/24/2007 4:13 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Right you are! And hi!!!!!

 
At 1/24/2007 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awe Trot<3 lol and I really wanna read that book now I'll have to put it on my list

 
At 1/25/2007 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm kind of disappointed that Red Sox fans would ignore performance and just go with the sentimental choice. I doubt most Red Sox fans would vote that way though. It's probably more of a reflection of what kind of fans read the Remy report.

 
At 1/25/2007 6:46 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Or who bothers to vote in the first place. I'd rather have Drew than Trot for performancxe at the plate, but add WMP in, and it's Trot everytime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home