Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rolaids Anyone?

And Rolaids means relief! SI listed the top ten bullpen signings in this '06-'07 off-season, and the Red Sox, my Sox, OUR Sox, were nowhere to be found. No surprise! You can access the original SI article, with so many pics of each of their top 10 relievers, and sometime closers, who were signed this past few months by clicking on this post's title.
But I do have something to say. I usually do. I hope you get used to it!! Keith Foulke, the "should-have-been" MVP of the 2004 World Series, was listed at number three, where he will join our rightfielder-supreme Trot Nixon in Cleveland. I wish him luck, unless he's pitching against us. And the same goes for the newly departed and much loved Trot Nixon.

Who knows what the toughest in the majors rightfield ala Fenway Park will bring in these next few months? And this is where reality becomes fiction...enjoy!

We might see a game next year at Fenway with Cleveland as the visiting team, Foulkie pitching, the bottom of the ninth, two outs with men on second and third in a 3-2 game, the Indians ahead....by a scinch. Anything can happen, and it WILL right now as Foulke whirls and throws.....a deep fly ball that wants to reach the Pesky Pole, but the wind is blowing it within reach of Nixon. He has to battle the fans, but......but....he DIVES and makes a TREMENDOUS catch (shades of Ken Coleman's call of the Yaz catch, so long ago...remember?) to end the Sox hopes on this early summer day. Foulke gets the save, his 14th (??) of the season. Boy, the Indians have to be so happy to have landed him.

Fiction...my fiction. But we never know. Not now in mid-January. And when the Indians invade our Fenway later this year, Trot will see 36,000 PLUS people rising to their feet, screaming his name, as RSN laments his absence as he plays in HIS rightfield.
For my new readers, hello to you. For my returning readers, hello to you too! And EVERYONE, have a happy and healthy weekend. And be sure to click on this post's title for the illuminating and informative article from SI. With pics of all the relievers that we don't have. Thanks for being here...and reading me! I'm always thankful for my Sox friends. Every one of you! Peter N.

9 Comments:

At 1/20/2007 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 Tractor Trailer Combos of Rolaids for Peter & all of Red Sox Nation:

Definitely, that is in order here.

 
At 1/20/2007 12:13 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

And that's why you're the best....my blog jog continues, as I just returned from the wind blown tundra know as my hometown. Thanks ML!!!!!
Chopper down in Iraq...13 dead....thanks Bushie!

 
At 1/20/2007 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rolaids and Dewar's both work for me! Fiction may become Fact! I wish Foulke and Trot well against the Yankees and everyone but the Sox!

 
At 1/20/2007 1:17 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Thanks Fenway Blogger...sometimes my mind can weave a tale. I'm glad you enjoyed! And take care!!!!
I love your comments!

 
At 1/20/2007 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I still can't believe it.

Good post though.

 
At 1/20/2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Bosox Fan in Wichita said...

Peter, good story, but hope the wind is blowing out or it stays fiction. Gotta leave work & go "play" in the snow. You have a good weekend, too.

 
At 1/20/2007 3:44 PM, Blogger Peter N said...

Hi Lauren...and me too! Trot on ANOTHER team! Sad.... have a great weekend, and watch out where your hands are!!! A joke from your earlier post! And people, Lauren's blog is listed on my link list...look for Varitek! Great reading...and BFW, I love the snow too. And from what I hear, there WILL be a coastal storm here on the east coast mid to late week! Have fun... and Lauren's blog is Tek For President! No flirting!

 
At 1/20/2007 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I didn't even think about Trot's Return. He is going to get a HUGE ovation, and no one deserves it more than the always loyal Trot Nixon.

 
At 1/21/2007 6:52 AM, Blogger Peter N said...

Laura, I can't wait for "the return!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home